Empire Statesmen 2013 Show Announcement

trmdrum

I have also heard from a reliable source that they are not folding, they are just going the non competetive route. Apparently they will still have a corps but moving in another direction of some sort. Im thinking this probably ties in with the edge somehow.

An organization has to do what it feels it must. The Kilties, as example, have over the last several seasons done more non-competitive field shows, special concerts, etc. than competitive venues (i.e symphony concerts, field shows at non drum corps venues, etc). Last season the corps had 4 adjudicated appearances out of the 24. We have found, sadly, invitations have to be cordially turned down because they are very plentiful; all to highly appreciative crowds....there's only so many available performance days in any one season.

Empire is one of my all time favorite corps!!!

Seems silly considering DCA's return to Rochester next year. At any rate DCA is losing a perennial contender. :sad:

and i took a lot of heat for saying this was going to happen. it's really to bad. i wish that david will change his mind or turn the corps over to somebody that can carry on. but wishing is for fairy tales. good luck empire on the final frontier.

Ditto.

I wish them the best. I really hope they are not folding the field corps solely for Edge. That's got a limited shelf life

• Like 1

With finals going back to Rochester, you'd think they'd try to stick it out a couple more years. Cabs and Hurcs will probably benefit with a bunch of dedicated members next year...

Amazed it went back there as this was the worst kept secret in DCA

Amazed it went back there as this was the worst kept secret in DCA

People tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said it was going back to Rochester.

Showed them!!!!!!!!!!!

People tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said it was going back to Rochester.

Showed them!!!!!!!!!!!

well one can only hope

:tongue:/>

Many of us NYers who marched in various NY corps can only be saddened to hear this news. We saw the Brigs go, Crusaders go, Patriots go, and on and on we can name many junior and senior/all-age corps. White Sabres are NY's only hope after 2013.

To my friends in Empire....Go out smokin' hot and rip up the field! I wish you all the VERY BEST!

• Like 1

Just think about it though, they've got buses, equipment, uniforms etc. When they sell all of it off, whomever the money goes will be sitting pretty instead of other corps that have been mentioned that NEEDED to sell assets. Financially it's a good move, for the activity it's terrible.

Edited by CorpsBuff