Phantom Regiment 2013

Nice! thumbup.gif

- a tale of a young woman's epic transformation from innocence. In a storybook land where grimm forces lie threatening outside the castle walls, her ultimate destiny lies well beyond a fairy tale ending.

Considering the reference to "grimm" is spelled wrong in the traditional sense, is this a not-so-veiled reference to "Grimm's Fairytales"? My bet is that they are doing the story of Rapunzel, Cinderella or Snow White.

Don't leave out Sleeping Beauty. That ending scene is to die for...

• Like 2

Don't leave out Sleeping Beauty. That ending scene is to die for...

"Sleeping Beauty" isn't actually from the Grimm collection but from that of Charles Perrault, and it concludes as follows:

- - - - - - - - -

"The Ogress knew the voice of the Queen and her children at once, and being furious at having been thus deceived, she gave orders (in a most horrible voice which made everybody tremble) that, next morning by break of day, they should bring into the middle of the great court a large tub filled with toads, vipers, snakes, and all sorts of serpents, in order to have the Queen and her children, the chief cook, his wife and maid, thrown into it, all of whom were to be brought thither with their hands tied behind them.

They were brought out accordingly, and the executioners were just going to throw them into the tub, when the King, who was not so soon expected, entered the court on horseback and asked, with the utmost astonishment, what was the meaning of that horrible spectacle.

No one dared to tell him, when the Ogress, all enraged to see what had happened, threw herself head foremost into the tub, and was instantly devoured by the ugly creatures she had ordered to be thrown into it to kill the others. The King was of course very sorry, for she was his mother; but he soon comforted himself with his beautiful wife and his pretty children."

Considering the reference to “grimm” is spelled wrong in the traditional sense, is this a not-so-veiled reference to “Grimm’s Fairytales”? My bet is that they are doing the story of Rapunzel, Cinderella or Snow White.

Tarpon Springs 2012 show "Poison" was based on Snow White. Although I liked the show, I hope Phantom doesn't do the same story.

what happened to the "tid-bit" about the right sleeves ...

As soon as I saw that I thought they might be giving the right sleeves a different color the same as they did in '83/'84.

If by chance that is what they are doing, I hope they aren't purple.

• 3 weeks later...

**Bump!

Anyone know the music that Regiment is playing this year? Any experience with other arrangements of these pieces that anyone has had a chance to hear--whether by a DCI show or marching band?

I'm curious to learn about the show's music and how it may come off to the listener (whether dark, jubilant, complex, or other?)

CW

**Bump!

Anyone know the music that Regiment is playing this year? Any experience with other arrangements of these pieces that anyone has had a chance to hear--whether by a DCI show or marching band?

I'm curious to learn about the show's music and how it may come off to the listener (whether dark, jubilant, complex, or other?)

CW

The music has already been listed. It comes off as being more on the dark/sad/angry side to me.

• Like 1