Phantom Regiment 2013

I am partial to the show themed baldric. The "On Air" baldrics were beautiful up close and the ones used for Spartacus were quite effective. Given the show title, what sort of crest would they use?

So, camp is underway in Algonquin, IL, this weekend. What are the chances we'll finally get a video posted to YouTube or Facebook this time?!?

The first videos posted from 2011 & 2012 were both from the concert in the park.

The first videos posted from 2011 & 2012 were both from the concert in the park.

I'm not referring to full ensemble videos or recordings (not that I'd have any from this year...*wink wink*). There have always been camp update videos since '06, iirc.

• Like 1

I'm not referring to full ensemble videos or recordings (not that I'd have any from this year...*wink wink*). There have always been camp update videos since '06, iirc.

Updates are great but I don't think I'm in the minority when I say I'd rather have some music.

- a tale of a young woman's epic transformation from innocence. In a storybook land where grimm forces lie threatening outside the castle walls, her ultimate destiny lies well beyond a fairy tale ending.

Considering the reference to “grimm” is spelled wrong in the traditional sense, is this a not-so-veiled reference to “Grimm’s Fairytales”? My bet is that they are doing the story of Rapunzel, Cinderella or Snow White.

"a tale of a young woman's epic transformation from innocence. In a storybook land where grimm forces lie threatening outside the castle walls, her ultimate destiny lies well beyond a fairy tale ending."

Considering the reference to “grimm” is spelled wrong in the traditional sense, is this a not-so-veiled reference to “Grimm’s Fairytales”?

Surely. But how true to the stories will they be?

My bet is that they are doing the story of Rapunzel...

" "Aha!" she cried mockingly, "Thou wouldst fetch thy dearest, but the beautiful bird sits no longer singing in the nest; the cat has got it, and will scratch out thy eyes as well. Rapunzel is lost to thee; thou wilt never see her more." The King's son was beside himself with pain, and in his despair he leapt down from the tower. He escaped with his life, but the thorns into which he fell, pierced his eyes. Then he wandered quite blind about the forest, ate nothing but roots and berries, and did nothing but lament and weep over the loss of his dearest wife."

Cinderella...

"When the wedding with the King's son had to be celebrated, the two false sisters came and wanted to get into favour with Cinderella and share her good fortune. When the betrothed couple went to church, the elder was at the right side and the younger at the left, and the pigeons pecked out one eye of each of them. Afterwards as they came back, the elder was at the left, and the younger at the right, and then the pigeons pecked out the other eye of each. And thus, for their wickedness and falsehood, they were punished with blindness as long as they lived."

or Snow White.

"Then the wicked woman uttered a curse, and was so wretched, so utterly wretched, that she knew not what to do. At first she would not go to the wedding at all, but she had no peace, and must go to see the young Queen. And when she went in she knew Snow-white; and she stood still with rage and fear, and could not stir. But iron slippers had already been put upon the fire, and they were brought in with tongs, and set before her. Then she was forced to put on the red-hot shoes, and dance until she dropped down dead."

All three stories turn out well for the heroes/heroines, but they are still "grim" stories in the usual sense!