Phantom Regiment 2013

Not sure how well a slower tempo would get scored on the sheets. Many <21 year old would be yawning to death.... Perhaps not, but that's what I anticipate people on here saying...

Playing the music close to its original version is something Regiment does. I'd expect the music this year, whatever it is, will be played according to that tradition. After hearing this year's hornline, I don't think anyone will be yawning when they go full-out.

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 2

Playing the music close to its original version is something Regiment does. I'd expect the music this year, whatever it is, will be played according to that tradition. After hearing this year's hornline, I don't think anyone will be yawning when they go full-out.

Oh there you go again......tease! :tongue:

• Like 1

I will not deny that I wish JD was still arranging for the corps

But I think the hornline is in much better hands under Carichner's instruction. Last year was the best they've sounded since 08, a HUGE improvement over 09-11. Looking forward to what they do this year with more vets/talent.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 2

I'd love it...

Me too, just writing what people on here seem to say about slow tempos in shows...

I will not deny that I wish JD was still arranging for the corps

But I think the hornline is in much better hands under Carichner's instruction. Last year was the best they've sounded since 08, a HUGE improvement over 09-11. Looking forward to what they do this year with more vets/talent.

Let's also not forget the rest of the staff, esp. Joe and Josh who were in charge of the hornline when Christian wasn't there.

• Like 1

Variety in tempos actually can score higher on the new sheets.

Really? tongue.gif

Depends on how much and how long that variety is carried out, and if it makes sense within the context of the show, right? winky.gif

Very true. The hornline was much improved this year. Much more tone, especially when they got loud. The last few years, I've gotten this truck horn kind of sound quality when they open up, but this year was much more tone with the volume, which in turn made it sound louder. Hopefully they can hold onto this staff for awhile. :thumbup:

Very true. The hornline was much improved this year. Much more tone, especially when they got loud. The last few years, I've gotten this truck horn kind of sound quality when they open up, but this year was much more tone with the volume, which in turn made it sound louder. Hopefully they can hold onto this staff for awhile. thumbup.gif

I remember the first two days when they really opened up the sound. Good Lord Almighty! You could hear them for over a mile with them facing the other direction!