Carolina Crown 2013

on corps reps ... the "announcement" has already occurred ...

show title: E=mc2

music: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Richard Strauss) [2001 A Space Odyssey iconic music], and music of Lovatt Cooper ...

in my best Paul Harvey voice....."And now for the rest of the story......."

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium
  • Like 2

I was trying to find a pic to post of goosebumps (as in the THE BALLAD) but...they're all kinda creepy :-\

So how about 'hair raising' instead w00t.gif

hair-raising-happy.jpg

understatement of the thread. Talk about being bathe in brass chocolate goodness.............OH MY!

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium
  • Like 2

understatement of the thread. Talk about being bathe in brass chocolate goodness.............OH MY!

I hope you people realize I wont be able to see Crown until August, so you people talking about the music like this is going to drive me crazy.....

• Like 2

While we await the announcement from Ft. Mill in all its Crowning glory, here's another Lovatt-Cooper piece he does for the Salvation Army. At least the title fits their show hints.

I am imagining the vocal part as a fluegel horn solo a la ballad type; either way some way interesting drill could be done with this once shortened, do you think?

music: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Richard Strauss) [2001 A Space Odyssey iconic music], and music of Lovatt Cooper ...

Hmmm. Could that be the source for the super long/loud chord sequence this season?

While we await the announcement from Ft. Mill in all its Crowning glory, here's another Lovatt-Cooper piece he does for the Salvation Army. At least the title fits their show hints.

I am imagining the vocal part as a fluegel horn solo a la ballad type; either way some way interesting drill could be done with this once shortened, do you think?

Having played this piece before... I would not wish to march it. That solo cornet part (the endless 16th note runs at 160 in the key of C) Is a bear even just sitting down!

Having played this piece before... I would not wish to march it. That solo cornet part (the endless 16th note runs at 160 in the key of C) Is a bear even just sitting down!

And yet we both know some wonderful mellophone lines that do that exact thing season after season, although in the appropriate key.

And yet we both know some wonderful mellophone lines that do that exact thing season after season, although in the appropriate key.

I don't think I've heard anyone do it for 30 bars straight or more, but I would love to! Theres no breath marks in those parts!