Carolina Crown 2013

Thats a thought. I'll get up off the floor now and see if this looks a bit better while I'm standing still.

Not what I meant. I meant as one picture of a member standing still. I'll see them at their first two shows in California, so I'll get a pretty good look at how the uniforms look on the move, so hopefully I will be able to get a clearer picture of how it all fits together. They might look better from the stands than from a close-up picture. Same way I assume Bluecoats' uniform will look different from the stands or the TV.

Of what? DCP has the shots of the standstill arc. And I saw a pic of the drums. Pretty much all there was to see tonight (STUPID RAIN). Wonder how much it cost to fly to Stanford or Denver :-) Don't think I can really wait until August to see this show.

Well, we didn't get a great view of the guard outfits solo there's that. satisfied.gif

While I was quite skeptical when I first saw the uniform a few weeks ago, I have to say, they look really nice on the full corps and should work very well. Times are changing, can't say I like every trend, but I am glad people are trying (and I like this a LOT better than the most recent cream unis... but still like the original cream unis)

While I was quite skeptical when I first saw the uniform a few weeks ago, I have to say, they look really nice on the full corps and should work very well. Times are changing, can't say I like every trend, but I am glad people are trying (and I like this a LOT better than the most recent cream unis... but still like the original cream unis)

Agreed. The '10-'12 uniform never really grew on me like I had hoped. I kind of learned to just tolerate it. But I already like this one. I wonder if they'll make adjustments to fit each year's show?

Edited by crownisking

Think "bug squash" with that leg!

Speaking as one whose favorite 2012 show was Crown, they (and every other corps that's borrowed it) could never do that move again and I'd be happy. It only detracts.

Agreed. The '10-'12 uniform never really grew on me like I had hoped. I kind of learned to just tolerate it. But I already like this one. I wonder if they'll make adjustments to fit each year's show?

Jim Coates mentioned tonight that the pants and color stripe will change each year based on the show.

As .. unsettling .. as the early pic might have been, the full ensemble at distance looks pretty spectacular in the them. I now officially like them. And I think they'll be even better on the move (both marching and choreography). Think "bug squash" with that leg!

Interesting to hear that Cesario was basically told "no boundaries -- come up with something entirely new".

If you're a nerd and want to "get" every detail about the show, you might want to watch "The Changing Image of Opera" -- a 1986 PBS documentary about Einstein on the Beach. Great interviews with Phillip Glass and Robert Wilson and lots of material from a live performance.

"bug squash"? is that when they bring one leg up really high and thrust it down to the ground in front of the other leg?

"bug squash"? is that when they bring one leg up really high and thrust it down to the ground in front of the other leg?

No -- rotate leg at hip joint with the foot in tendu. They're usually in a nice wide 2nd position demi plié.

Imagine stepping on a bug with your toe and rotating your leg to make sure it's dead! Not sure if that's any sort of official name for it but it's often referred to that way.

• Like 1

No -- rotate leg at hip joint with the foot in tendu. They're usually in a nice wide 2nd position demi plié.

Imagine stepping on a bug with your toe and rotating your leg to make sure it's dead! Not sure if that's any sort of official name for it but it's often referred to that way.

Is it the step they made at the end of their first song or before the drum break in their 2011 show Rach Star?