Carolina Crown 2013

I'm thinking they look pretty good standing still, but I'll reserve final judgment until I see them on the move in a few weeks. I think it could work with the show, but it is amazing sometimes to see the adverse reactions to change in uniforms.

This is fun! Between DCP, Instagram and Twitter, I've gotten some really good laughs in tonight! Much better reaction than I expected!thumbup.gif

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 1

I'm thinking they look pretty good standing still

Thats a thought. I'll get up off the floor now and see if this looks a bit better while I'm standing still.

As .. unsettling .. as the early pic might have been, the full ensemble at distance looks pretty spectacular in the them. I now officially like them. And I think they'll be even better on the move (both marching and choreography). Think "bug squash" with that leg!

Interesting to hear that Cesario was basically told "no boundaries -- come up with something entirely new".

If you're a nerd and want to "get" every detail about the show, you might want to watch "The Changing Image of Opera" -- a 1986 PBS documentary about Einstein on the Beach. Great interviews with Phillip Glass and Robert Wilson and lots of material from a live performance.

• Like 1

As .. unsettling .. as the early pic might have been, the full ensemble at distance looks pretty spectacular in the them. I now officially like them. And I think they'll be even better on the move (both marching and choreography). Think "bug squash" with that leg!

Interesting to hear that Cesario was basically told "no boundaries -- come up with something entirely new".

If you're a nerd and want to "get" every detail about the show, you might want to watch "The Changing Image of Opera" -- a 1986 PBS documentary about Einstein on the Beach. Great interviews with Phillip Glass and Robert Wilson and lots of material from a live performance.

I was kind of hoping you'd have some pics to share with us. Watching the vid now, btw. Good stuff so far

Edited by crownisking

I was kind of hoping you'd have some pics to share with us.

Of what? DCP has the shots of the standstill arc. And I saw a pic of the drums. Pretty much all there was to see tonight (STUPID RAIN). Wonder how much it cost to fly to Stanford or Denver :-) Don't think I can really wait until August to see this show.

Update: here's a pic of their SPECTACULAR guard.

1006165_4959490193766_2110515077_n.jpg

Edited by corpsband