Carolina Crown 2013

The tiny bass drum is going into orbit around the huge bass drum like an electron around the nucleus of an atom. I actually laughed out loud the first time I saw it . It's a physics joke.

Agreed, I noticed that the first time I saw the show. Cracked me up!

The tiny bass drum is going into orbit around the huge bass drum like an electron around the nucleus of an atom. I actually laughed out loud the first time I saw it . It's a physics joke.

Well I figured it was designed that way because that would be to big of a mistake that wouldn't happen this far in the season. But the physics joke sounds neat. I went back after I saw your reply and watched one of the shows from the fan network and I get it. Thanks!

The more I listen/watch Crown's warmups this season, hear them play stuff like Rolling Thunder from the previous page, and hear parts of their show, the more and more I'm impressed with their contra line. Obviously the entire brass line is out of their minds talented, but every time I listen to that one youtube video where they're running some music from the closer and I hear how clean the contras are just rolling through that tempo and the runs, the more my jaw continues to drop off my face. I can't be the only one to notice this. What say you people?

As a tuba player, I agree. The runs they're playing are by no means easy on any instrument, but especially doing things on tuba (like triple-tonguing or slurring chromatic scales quickly and cleanly) is very difficult. Huge props to 'em.

The more I listen/watch Crown's warmups this season, hear them play stuff like Rolling Thunder from the previous page, and hear parts of their show, the more and more I'm impressed with their contra line. Obviously the entire brass line is out of their minds talented, but every time I listen to that one youtube video where they're running some music from the closer and I hear how clean the contras are just rolling through that tempo and the runs, the more my jaw continues to drop off my face. I can't be the only one to notice this. What say you people?

Is that on youtube or youtuba? :tongue:/>

I was just looking through some of the pictures of Crown via Facebook and noticed something. It seems none of the male members have facial hair. Is this just a coincidence or is this actually a policy for Crown? Just curious...

I was just looking through some of the pictures of Crown via Facebook and noticed something. It seems none of the male members have facial hair. Is this just a coincidence or is this actually a policy for Crown? Just curious...

Haha, look again. Some of them do have facial hair. Particularly in the battery.

968835_10151705957892641_1744757194_n.jpg

Edited by crownisking

Only the females are permitted to have facial hair this year. :lookaround:/>

• Like 7