DCI BOD Response

All of those such negative connotations when said like that too which is funnier.

Phantomed: to be put to death in an exaggerated fashion

To Cavalier: try too hard to be cool you that fall on your face and break your wide rimmed sunglasses.

To BD: To win while not giving a #### about anything

To Crown: to give all your effort but always come up short.

"Oh, just go <insert appropriate corps name here> yourself!"

• Like 1

What? By saying that it merely suggests that what your saying is possible fact. Like if I said "UFO govt coverup is not a concpiracy theory" what does that imply to you?

Do you mean to say that you were being sarcastic in you thoughts about the purpose of Cadets2? Because it certainly seems to undermine the actual purpose of a drum corps which is not cool.

Sometimes it's best to ignore the ding dong conspiracy theories: why argue rubbish?

BTW - DCI board needs women. Dead serious.

If the DCI board had women, less #### would be tolerated and men would behave better.

We learned this with programmers....

Want to get a programmer to step up his game? Hire a woman to write code near him.

He'll step up his game, not wanting to be shown up by a woman. He'll also bathe more regularly. :-)

She will take every opportunity she can to keep him in check.

Everyone wins.

• Like 8

And Fran... no movie studio... it (the Moon Landing) was the old Roosevelt Field.... :devil:/>/>/>

Forgot to mention... the real reason for the pause in "one small step for man, one..... giant leap for mankind" is this. The pause was actually an editted out gunshot. When Cheif Judge Walt Kelly saw Armstrong making taht step, Walt thought Neil was stepping over the starting line and firing the starters pistol. (Dinos might get that one). And that's an example of the weird ###ed thinking I was posting about earlier.... watch someone think I was serious.... :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Sometimes it's best to ignore the ding dong conspiracy theories: why argue rubbish?

Dang... gonna have to start selling oil wells in NJ again if people take me this seriously.

Or at least email about my royal (Nigerian) family.... :tongue:/> :devil:/>

But to be serious about my post: GH has been known to test the waters with some of the proposals he has submitted. I wouldn't be surprised one of the reasons for starting a DCA corps was to see what would happen and how people would react. I know, expensive test but it worked and Cadets2 were real received. And like I said before, if G7 go non-competitive, YEA still has a competitive corps as a resource (possibly a another reason).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

And Fran... no movie studio... it was the old Roosevelt Field.... :devil:

I always wondered about that one empty storefront at Roosevelt Field Mall. :rolleyes:

If the DCI board had women, less #### would be tolerated and men would behave better.

Want to get a programmer to step up his game? Hire a woman to write code near him.

He'll step up his game, not wanting to be shown up by a woman. He'll also bathe more regularly. :-)

Everyone wins.

chuckle

(and true, I think, on all counts. Drum corps needs women)

Apparently other societies do, too:

Mars_Needs_Women_FilmPoster.jpeg

Everyone wins.

Just so you are aware there is a female member on the DCI BOD

Everyone wins.

Well cleaned up the language and sexist humor in my area anyway.....

s/ programmer/databaser/former system admin