DCI BOD Response

Though without YEA! there would have been no Crossmen to make the move to Texas.

Good point.

• Like 1

Though without YEA! there would have been no Crossmen to make the move to Texas.

That is true also.

But the relationship went on for too long, with too many poor decisions made over the years.

• Like 1

well not quite. There were locals lining up to take over...they were ignored. keeping them local didn't allow the YEA monopoly on the area ( before Surf went WC)

• Like 1

thinking more of a way for YEA to have a competitive corps... somewhere.... just in case something hits the fan in an unexpected way....

Well, that's exactly what I meant, just said in a different way.

Start in DCA, with the nascent possibility to move to DCI.

Side note - does anyone suppose that Cadets2 was ultimately created as a corps that can stay in DCI while Cadets go... elsewhere?

I think Cadets2 was started as a weekends only feeder corps. Lots of kids in the area were already doing seniors corps, and the Reading Bucs are super close by and a perennial champ. So YEA hires some of the Bucs staff, uses their connections to sponsors and starts a local corps that doesn't have to tour. Actually a brilliant move in my opinion. When I saw them last summer my first thought was they are a carbon copy of the main corps and kids could make the transition to Cadets1 easily.

Well, that's exactly what I meant, just said in a different way.

Start in DCA, with the nascent possibility to move to DCI.

OK, now I gotcha.....

Kind of a holding place to keep everything set until..... The age cut off makes more sense that way....

PS - Like your avatar, the guy looks like my wifes late Uncle. Scares the crap out of me every time the commercials show.... Holy crap, Dons back..... :blink:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Without YEA!, the Crossmen would have folded after the 1995 season.

Is THAT what they're saying in the Reality-based Community? :cool:

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 1

Is THAT what they're saying in the Reality-based Community? :cool:/>

well, in some ways, yes it is true....if nothing else, it delayed death, because as they were going, it wouldn't have lasted. Now, as to the whole You Eat After stuff, that's a different ballgame and conversation, but in many ways, YEA did save Bones from death.

But it's not like the Texas group was the only option, it was just the only one thatwas paid attention to