Big Announcement from DCI coming Friday

Volume. Plus, they are easier to play, so it might be possible to start players from scratch, like the old days.

What era of G are you talking about?

The one seen and heard through rose-colored glasses.

How do rose color glasses help the hearing.... :tongue:

s/ guy who did piston/rotor, 2v and now 3v G.....

Not a bad idea.

Not impressed after all that build up and secrecy.

All I got out of it was

"They found a way to get woodwinds into the activity".

I can see your point. What I got out of it was "We know the skyrocketing costs of touring corps will soon render our product obsolete, so we're branching out into smaller ensemble ideas to try and remain relevant years down the road."

All in all, :sleeping:. If DCI thinks I will drive an hour to watch a Drumline Battle and Soundsport, I'd say they overestimated their market.

All in all, :sleeping:/>. If DCI thinks I will drive an hour to watch a Drumline Battle and Soundsport, I'd say they overestimated their market.

You may not drive an hour to see such an event, but there might well be lots of people who would go out in their own community to see these things. Due to the size of the ensembles and the fact that they can encourage community involvement, there could easily be a far greater number of these in more scattered locations than we can pull off with drum corps shows.

If this takes off, unless you live in a remote place, you may well only have to drive a few minutes to see these groups in action.

I'll check into getting once scheduled within 59 minutes of your home. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

No, they are not "easier to play". At all. No. Plus, it's not like you can buy them anywhere.

Seriously, it's time to let the G bugle thing go. Really. It's ok.

You obviously haven't been in the lamp section of thrift stores.

Stop that, it's so, so sacrilegious! shutup.gif

I own several 2v G bugles (see Avatar of my King Mello). I love them, and you are using words that hurt! sumo.gif

Still waiting for you to regale us with your knowledge of how G bugles are so much easier to play...

Look at the hundreds of corps back in the 50's and 60s that taught their players (kids w/ no musical background in many , if not most cases) on G bugles.

Back then you didn't have to know how to play before you joined. Oh - and how do I know? Because I have played both G bugles and B-flat band instruments.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra