My Open Letter to the "G7" and the activity as a whole

There's a caller who frequents the local Saturday morning AM radio "Open Line" talk show and he frequently uses the moniker "Boys and Girls" when making his fat-tail-of-the-bell-curve comments.

He's conceited, contentious, pretensious, condescending and the frequent target of complaints not about what he says but how he says it.

I haven't been referred to as a boy (or a girl) in about 40 years and I (and, apparently, many others) tune out his comments based solely on his insulting presentation, not their validity.

I suspect you want your comments to be taken seriously, if you care at all, yes?

BTW, I agree with your PSA, obviously, because it's factual.

What's AM radio? :)

Getting rid of Open Class would not mean getting rid of the corps. It means they would compete in a different division.

not as the proposal read

So what you're saying is he not only forged their signatures (sort of) on this letter, but he's managed to gag them to prevent them from disavowing his malicious and mistaken misuse of their names. He's made victims of six innocent corps who but for his malevolent power would align themselves with the rest of DCI.

This guy has got to be stopped. Next thing you know he'll steal Christmas!

HH

it's not exactly a secret that when he rolled into Indy with the infamous 2010 powerpoint that some of the 7 had no idea what was in there

That may have been implied but it's putting pressure on DCI to figure out why the are upset and manage them in the best way. I don't think any of the G7 want to do anything that will limit the number of corps. DCI has no problem doing that on their own...

it's easy to figure out why they are upset. they want the power and the money, #### everyone else.

I mean, it's not that hard to get Charlie

• Like 1

and what did the corps that were not aware do about this?

nothing, apparently.

oh there were words

No. The division itself is probably redundant and doesn't get much attention. I think it would better suited to be a part of a new weekend only circuit under DCI. You either have full blown All Summer Long corps or weekend only. The in between doesn't have the potential to serve as many youth. But absolutely making sure we don't lose the corps already in Open Class. It's about opening a wider circuit with more corps and more kids involved. Not saying this is what the G7 wanted but it never really got discussed just instantly ridiculed like you just did.

ok...weekend only. hard to do with the schedule done as it is now.

if you roll them into World, fine. Otherwise, weekend only will chase kids off

it's easy to figure out why they are upset. they want the power and the money, #### everyone else.

I mean, it's not that hard to get Charlie

They are entitled to ask more of DCI. If they get it, fine. If they don't then DCI may no longer be a sufficient organization that us inline with their future, fine. Both parties will do what is in their best interest. If DCI is worried that loosing 7 corps will disrupt their bottom line and mission too much then they will have to offer compromise or begin talks with G7 to find level ground. if that's the case then maybe G7 do deserve to be listened to. But, If DCI feels they can take the blow then G7 will decide to either follow through or not with their plans to not be a part of DCI.

So far nearly everything we know about G7 has been leaked information. Who's to say other information, more detailed information hasn't been passed around?

I feel that DCI deserves polished, not leaked, complete, clear, functioning ideas from the G7 about what they plan to do with their extra votes. And I think that just because it wasn't given in that Leaked email doesn't mean it won't ever be given.

The ONLY thing that the G7 want as of now is a voice. They clearly feel that their needs aren't being addressed. If that's true, or if that's an exaggeration, or whatever doesn't really matter. I would like to see DCI hear the G7 out Completly without the hyberbole of DCP posts screwing up the conversation. Listening and Understand both sides is the first step in resolving this.

A leaked proposal and a leaked letter is all people know about G7 and I'm atleast skeptical enough to know that there is more to this if both sides were given adequate fair voices. And I hope G7 would make a public announcement about their alliance to atleast get something first hand instead of second hand. Because their reputation on DCP proceeds them...

ok...weekend only. hard to do with the schedule done as it is now.

if you roll them into World, fine. Otherwise, weekend only will chase kids off

Rolling into WC would be great. And weekend only is clearly growing. I believe DCI's latest ventures run in that schedule? I think as kids become busier and busier in the summer they will still need to satisfy their performance art needs and I think local weekend only corps will grow in popularity if recognition, and competitive quality continue to rise, I saw my first DCA show last year and Bucs are proof that it is possible.

Edited by charlie1223