"G7" v. "The Rest"

197 members have voted

1. 1. If the G7 and "The Rest" of DCI split who will you continue to support financially and emotionally?

• G7
    • The Rest
    • Opt out of the activity
    • Both

Which side would you choose?

For those who truly love the activity (I have for 36 plus years), to support the "G7" who seemingly want to cause disunity and discord per Mr. Hopkins January 9, 2013 letter would exhibit disregard for the other 30 plus World Class and Open Class corps who are working hard to have the activity thrive.

• Like 2

This year I plan to do the following:

1. Buy the Fan Network Subscription to see every single show broadcast online.

2. Buy APDs when they are available - for all corps.

3. Buy the DVDs - to add them to my collection (I have every single year available - a collection I am proud of).

I have done the above for many years now. This year will be no different.

• Like 7

I said both, because I support corps both in the G7 and the rest. I'm not going to stop supporting the corps I like because of the director(s) choices.

• Like 1

I would stop supporting G7 and drop all alumni support for my corps. That includes no more donations and volunteering for events for the corps.

• Like 5

Which side would you choose?

I think that DCI has the G7 vs the rest of the corps backwards. They need to listen more to the rest of the corps than the G7, because the rest of the corps might need more help than the G7 corps does. In my saying, they should listen to those with boots on the ground not boots in the air.

• Like 5

I vote "The Rest" on principle. I love Bluecoats and Blue Devils but the rift they have created in the activity so that they can have the controlling stake in the activity is plain wrong in my eyes. I plan on upping my support to the other corps and removing my support from the G7 regardless. I will support DCI and several other corps. I hope the Scouts don't get caught up in the mess. That would break my heart.

• Like 2