Drumline Battle and SoundSport

Don't they already do this, though, at least for Winter Percussion? From the release this looks to be branded/supported by DCI and will be year-round but is that the only difference? In any case, think it could be exciting. How soon before they add color guard as well and take on WGI do you think?

SoundSport - DCA MiniCorps

• Like 1

Don't they already do this, though, at least for Winter Percussion? From the release this looks to be branded/supported by DCI and will be year-round but is that the only difference? In any case, think it could be exciting. How soon before they add color guard as well and take on WGI do you think?

There's much I don't know about this yet, but I'm thinking more along the possibilities of what we saw at the end of the movie "Drumline" than what WGI is already doing with full competitive marching winter percussion ensembles. My understanding is this is not going to tread where WGI already is. There's a lot of stuff out there that hasn't been developed to its full potential and John's on to something here.

Way back when, somebody suggested monetizing "The Lot."

Drumline battle is essentially that. Battery-only. Confined space, Movement optional. Short routine.

• Like 1

I'm impressed how they found big openings outside of what's already provided by WGI.

Also, from Facebook just now: "DrumLine Battle and SoundSport programs are intended to be for all ages, so start getting your teams together in your school, community, alumni association, church, VFW post, etc. So many awesome opportunities for local groups to be established!"

:thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2

I'm impressed how they found big openings outside of what's already provided by WGI.

Also, from Facebook just now: "DrumLine Battle and SoundSport programs are intended to be for all ages, so start getting your teams together in your school, community, alumni association, church, VFW post, etc. So many awesome opportunities for local groups to be established!"

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Beat me to it. I dig this! I'm going to start having conversations with area band directors about this very soon.

• Like 2

I was close!

DCI Drumline Battle VS WGI Percussion.

So much for promoting what you already have.

OH that's right, you don't know what you have.

• Like 1

" • Live Competitive Events – held throughout the year in a wide variety of exciting settings and environments, featuring a new level of entertainment-focused competition on high-energy, up-close performance stages smaller than the traditional American football stadium. "

THIS is where stable existence, contemporary growth, and spectator acceptance will be discovered , if ever. Football fields are no longer the best fit for where the creative energy wants to be, and in most cases, no longer works for "generic" spectators and audio/video presentations for sale.

• Like 1