Empire and SoundSport

Will I definitely think it's a good to have, I'm sure that Empire will have more than 100 people in it's corps this year as in the past several years I'd imagine. That means he's going to have to tell about 50 people that this is it for them, and that if they want to march somewhere, they will have to drive out to CT, PA, or NJ to do it.

Perhaps the other 50 folks can form a slide whistle and tin can ensemble.

Will I definitely think it's a good to have, I'm sure that Empire will have more than 100 people in it's corps this year as in the past several years I'd imagine. That means he's going to have to tell about 50 people that this is it for them, and that if they want to march somewhere, they will have to drive out to CT, PA, or NJ to do it.

Or hook up with the White Sabres and bolster their ranks in the future ...

:-)

• Like 4

I don't believe any organization is limited to just one performing ensemble.

• Like 1

THIS!

DCA may have missed an opportunity to be at the leading edge here. A few years ago, there was an historic high interest, from groups and performers, in the mini corps arena. Some effort should have been made to nurture and support the mca-type effort, on the part of DCA (corps, fans and administration) to explore and grow this part of the activity, beyond one contest a year, squeezed into I & E.

I realize, of course, that some (including the participants and a small fan base) did try to do so. But DCI is taking the real step forward, with a more keen eye to the future. Wish that DCA had done so. It might been stayed more in the area of brass and percussion there.

• Like 1

THIS!

DCA may have missed an opportunity to be at the leading edge here. A few years ago, there was an historic high interest, from groups and performers, in the mini corps arena. Some effort should have been made to nurture and support the mca-type effort, on the part of DCA (corps, fans and administration) to explore and grow this part of the activity, beyond one contest a year, squeezed into I & E.

I realize, of course, that some (including the participants and a small fan base) did try to do so. But DCI is taking the real step forward, with a more keen eye to the future. Wish that DCA had done so. It might been stayed more in the area of brass and percussion there.

No disrespect to DCA but DCI is the right organization to make this happen between the two. They are better known, have a larger fan base, and are more "connected" to the younger audiences. DCA could have made an attempt but I dont think it would have generated as much excitement like it already has with DCI.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 3

No disrespect to DCA but DCI is the right organization to make this happen between the two. They are better known, have a larger fan base, and are more "connected" to the younger audiences. DCA could have made an attempt but I dont think it would have generated as much excitement like it already has with DCI.

point well made

i dunno...mini corps has lost its luster to me...i just cant see myself excited about this

• Like 2

DCA never "really" embraced the mini corps idea anyway. It is only a part of the Friday night social activities. I

DA

• Like 2

While Mini-corps does have some appeal, if asked to pay to watch/hear it, I have no interest at all. I'd be more willing to pay for alumni corps than mini-corps.

• Like 1