Empire and SoundSport

With the big news release from DCI, I couldnt help but think.... Did the Edge have something to do with this? :blink:

Maybe Empire had some insider info and this is where they are going?

I could be WAY off on this but it seems logical to me.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9e8a0864-1466-4a3d-b063-c74fa0c2b76e

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

With the big news release from DCI, I couldnt help but think.... Did the Edge have something to do with this? :blink:/>

Maybe Empire had some insider info and this is where they are going?

I could be WAY off on this but it seems logical to me.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9e8a0864-1466-4a3d-b063-c74fa0c2b76e

Seems logical to me, too.

From the official press release:

" • Live Competitive Events – held throughout the year in a wide variety of exciting settings and environments, featuring a new level of entertainment-focused competition on high-energy, up-close performance stages smaller than the traditional American football stadium. "

THIS is where stable existence, contemporary growth, and spectator acceptance will be discovered , if ever. Football fields are no longer the best fit for where the creative energy wants to be, and in most cases, no longer works for "generic" spectators and audio/video presentations for sale.

Empire Statesmen could well be ahead of the curve here, and I feel somewhat vindicated, too! smile.gif

• Like 1

I congratulate Dave Bruni for keeping his organization ahead of the curve! I'm thinking some of the genes that made David's difficult decision possible came from his father, Vince. God Bless you, Vince.

• Like 4

Will these new DCI initiatives be All-Age? If not, Empire will not have a seat at this table.

Yes, DCI said on their Facebook page that both new programs are all-age.

Will I definitely think it's a good to have, I'm sure that Empire will have more than 100 people in it's corps this year as in the past several years I'd imagine. That means he's going to have to tell about 50 people that this is it for them, and that if they want to march somewhere, they will have to drive out to CT, PA, or NJ to do it.

• Like 1