A spending cap, not a "salary" cap

Ahhhh, but when an entity is seeking to use their own success to gain monopoly power/control over others by attempting to limit or eliminate the ability of others to succeed then that particular entity needs to be checked from having that power. Ergo, this talk of taking the elite down a notch or two is in direct reaction to their own ego trip and attempted power grab.

Exhibit B in the "I don't like the top corps so lets try and destroy them." That's all this is about. And you have the nerve to call the top corps selfish.

• Like 1

Can someone explain what Jeff Fiedler's clarification was? As I said before, I have no problem with the original comment (which I also know only second-hand), but I am curious how it was subsequently clarified or finessed.

oh the old 'that came out wrong, that's not what I meant" yada yada. i wish I could find the link.

Well.. I did ASK "FOR WHAT?" A question isn't a blanket statement... :)

I am the authority of keeping it real!!!!!

real all right

real what I'm not sure, but it's real

:tongue:/>

Exhibit B in the "I don't like the top corps so lets try and destroy them." That's all this is about. And you have the nerve to call the top corps selfish.

I am an Alum of one of the G7; and am appalled and ashamed that the 7 directors are using their own success in an attempt to squelch the opportunity for other corps to reach that same level of success. So yeah, I not only have the nerve to call the directors of the top corps selfish, as an Alum I have that right to call those 7 corps directors selfish.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

Duke is a good example here too for illustration. Duke basketball under Coach K. is already very good. But just imagine if every year when Coach K graduates a player, he gets to immediately pick up a seasoned top flight player from another school for next season ( no sit out year ) to repace that graduated player ? Duke would go with mostly senior veterans each and every year.

Duke Blue Devils Basketball : DCI Blue Devils.

The only difference is that Duke Basketball hasn't won as many national Titles as even Duke Basketball has since 1973 ( 15 for Concord BD, 4 for Duke B. ) and thats principally because even the NCAA makes Coach K. have to be confronted with NCAA transfer rules that make repeats the following year a real, real challenge to duplicate.

point of order...as disliked as the DCI Blue Devils are, that's nothing compared to the hatred Coach Krybaby and Puke gets. hell he makes Hopkins look absolutely loved

:tongue:/>

(yeah, ok, I'm a UNC fan)

so yet again, comparisons to the NCAA, NFL etc...

guys....if you want parity in DCI, which will lead to more exciting competition and better attendance ( liked 2011 showed us when you have competition)....it needs to come from the sheets and how they are used.

Right now you have a collective of 20 or so directors that can't agree on how to run their own organization. granted 7 want all of the power, and they admit themselves they don't have the answers. You think they are going to vote for something that restricts them? #### no.

if you want serious change in the DCI Boardroom, you need more real world business people and fewer corps directors calling some shots, and the bylaws need to be redrawn to give Acheson some serious teeth to bare.

otherwise, DCI will keep muddling along

if you want serious change in the DCI Boardroom, you need more real world business people and fewer corps directors calling some shots,

and the bylaws need to be redrawn to give Acheson some serious teeth to bare.

Yes to the first point and by all means Yes to the second!

Let's see what vision the "teeth" would be there to support first, shall we?

If it continues to view DCI as a pee wee soccer league, where everyone's a winner just because they participated, DCI will continue to be a product that has only moms and dads of the participants as their audience.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 1

If it continues to view DCI as a pee wee soccer league, where everyone's a winner just because they participated, DCI will continue to be a product that has only moms and dads of the participants as their audience.

Wrong analogy; DCI viewed like The Little League World Series (something that is taken extremely serious around the world) where the best youth baseball team in the world is crowned each season.

Wrong analogy; DCI viewed like The Little League World Series (something that is taken extremely serious around the world) where the best youth baseball team in the world is crowned each season.

I don't think DCI gets as many viewers though.