Dynasty Horns/Percussion

I believe Carolina Gold is using Dynasty brass also. 2012 DCA class A champs!!!

Look out!! You are not allowed to say anything positive about Dynasty here FYI. Shhh :shutup:

• Like 1

I thought their basses sounded thin.

Gotta have the right heads... PowerMax heads are absolutely atrocious on Mapex.

I was on their website looking at the corps that use them (which hasnt been updated in a while) but it looks like with Glassmen taking the year off SCV is the only Dynasty percussion. IS there another corps that is using either their horns or percussion? Could this be the phase out of Dynasty? Ive noticed alot of groups making the switch to Mapex and Jupiter that used to use Dynasty horns and percussion.

PR is not on Dynasty anymore?

With Glassmen taking the season off, yes, SCV is the only World Class corps using Dynasty. SCVC and I believe Raiders in Open Class are still on Dynasty. In DCA, Reading Buccaneers, Minnesota Brass, Caballeros, Atlanta CV, and Carolina Gold use Dynasty percussion. Buccaneers just set a new record score in 2012 on Dynasty horns and percussion.

Carolina Gold actually used Pearl drums last year. Their brass is Dynasty. I think their boards were kind of a mix.

That being said, Dynasty isn't in any danger in my opinion. There are a ton of indoor groups that use them, and they are constantly improving their products. Mapex is the new kid on the block, so a lot of groups are on that wagon, but their front gear is atrocious, so I wouldn't plan on seeing that last without a major change.

Carolina Gold actually used Pearl drums last year. Their brass is Dynasty. I think their boards were kind of a mix.

That being said, Dynasty isn't in any danger in my opinion. There are a ton of indoor groups that use them, and they are constantly improving their products. Mapex is the new kid on the block, so a lot of groups are on that wagon, but their front gear is atrocious, so I wouldn't plan on seeing that last without a major change.

My mistake. I was unsure, so I checked 2012 photos and saw a Dynasty board, perhaps from the mix you mentioned.

CV is thrilled with Dynasty heading into year two. I love the keyboards; I just wish their frames weren't so bulky.

My mistake. I was unsure, so I checked 2012 photos and saw a Dynasty board, perhaps from the mix you mentioned.

CV is thrilled with Dynasty heading into year two. I love the keyboards; I just wish their frames weren't so bulky.

Honestly, I'd take bulky and reliable over lightweight and falling apart any day of the week.

Honestly, I'd take bulky and reliable over lightweight and falling apart any day of the week.

That's very true. We just picked up year-old Dynasty timps from Phantom and a year-old vibe from Glassmen, and both are in fantastic shape.