Another Cadets2 ?

I would love to see the Bluecoats start a DCA corps and do the whole big band thing that made us famous. they could bring back the look the corps wore in the late 90's and early 2000's with the blue top, white pants, white sash and helmet with plume in white.

although the corps has stated that they have no immediate intentions of starting another unit as running the current unit is all they can afford at this time.

• Like 1

Why not just have a junior division of DCA? Seems like the logical way to go. Nowadays DCA isn't just about being all-age, it's about the weekend-only format that DCI has pretty much abandoned. There's no reason why junior corps can't capitalize on that while being separate from the all-age corps to make everyone happy.

There is merit to that, its very similar to the DCE model from what I understand of it. Problem here in the US would remain of having both DCI and DCA

Why not just have a junior division of DCA? Seems like the logical way to go. Nowadays DCA isn't just about being all-age, it's about the weekend-only format that DCI has pretty much abandoned. There's no reason why junior corps can't capitalize on that while being separate from the all-age corps to make everyone happy.

I think that is a tougher proposition than what the C2 model has undertaken,..........

That's one thing that I'm surprised has not changed since the 70s. When I marched my part of PA started public school right after Labor Day and only problem was college band camp the week before Labor Day Weekend. Now we start a week or so before Labor Day and some earlier than some colleges. Wonder how many college ad HS aged people don't march because they will not be able to make DCA Weekend.

looking at how young many DCA corps are...I'd say it's far less of an issue in the Northeast. But the holiday weekend does help with travel

infrastructure. Really, if you want to go just weekends only, be DCA all the way, because if you want to do any DCI, you're going to have few options on the weekends based on the current tours for World and Open Class, and Open Class still has to perform early in the week for DCI finals

looking at how young many DCA corps are...I'd say it's far less of an issue in the Northeast. But the holiday weekend does help with travel

I'm thinking it's getting to be more of an issue than it used to be for all corps. But yes harder for the ones that have to take more than a few hours to get to DCA Weekend.

Labor Day weekend is not just an issue for the 'kids'. Even in my own group we have University professors who have to take days off going into that weekend after only being in class for three weeks or so. It isn't always easy, and drum corps cannot usually be used as an academic opportunity or excuse to their superiors.

• Like 1