Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

Someone should video the show out of uniform and see if it remains.

Even in the tiny images of the video, you can see that they, once again, have beautifully elegant and intricately detailed guard costumes and silks. This is much appreciated in this Year of The Oversaturated Clown Suit, that many others seem to have chosen to wear..

Thank you PR for still having good taste!

Your talking about cadets guard or crowns corps proper when referring to this alleged clown suit?

I don't know if this makes much sense, but the arrangements this year produce a stronger emotional connection for me.

I know Turandot was an incredible show but I never felt emotional about it. This year, from the first "music box" notes onward I feel like Phantom has returned to draw me in emotionally.

I admit I listened to the now-removed video over 20 times yesterday, but with each subsequent playing the show drew me in. It was like seeing an old friend. Someone who just made life feel good.

I agree Lincoln, on the emotional connection this year vs last year. I have a feeling about this show Similar to what I felt with Faust, Spartacus and what the closer Elsa's would be by finals in the Juliet show. It's going to be a fun summer!

• Like 1

Your talking about cadets guard or crowns corps proper when referring to this alleged clown suit?

Troopers?

So I just watched a video of Phantom's show (someone posted "there" so it won't be available for long) and they have already made changes.

The guard keeps the purple dresses the whole show, no longer puts on the purple hoods after the opening and it seems they completely got rid of the Zena Warrior Princess outfits. They have also removed the panel the guard hid behind when they changed outfits.

You can see the enchanted "trees" a bit better as well. There also seem to be some enhancements to the brass which sounds nice.

Thing is, I'm having a hard time seeing a story. I know there is a lone guard person making appearances throughout the show, but aside from her holding a gold sword, I'm not seeing much of a "triumphant journey" right now.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

Thing is, I'm having a hard time seeing a story. I know there is a lone guard person making appearances throughout the show, but aside from her holding a gold sword, I'm not seeing much of a "triumphant journey" right now.

I noticed last night that, a la Arthur or Sigmund, she pulls the sword from a "stone" composed of a cluster of instrumentalists.

Agreed. I was expecting more of a "journey" than walking through a scary forest.

I suspect there's more to come.

Agreed. I was expecting more of a "journey" than walking through a scary forest.

I suspect there's more to come.

I imagine something like a castle tower and possibly a mean witch....but you didn't hear that from me!

Agree with the lack of story line thus far.. I was confused too.

On a side note, any chance they'll add a crab step wedge this year near the end? It is a year ending in 3.... rolleyes.gif