Unusually quiet in Cadetland

Cadets are usually blasting video and audio clips out all winter but they are pretty quiet this winter. They are always a

monster corps by summer but does anyone have any info/updates as to their progress/potential thus far?

George and the staff have been busy in Rome.

• Like 1

That...or they folded.

How sad...Maybe Christmas came too early...

(The Other Mike

That was the other time, when the pastor of Most Holy Name sold out the corps' unis to The Cardinals (of Beverly, Mass., St. Mary's parish.) who wore the Cadets unis which is why Garfield wore the white shirts and shorts to defend their national title in 58 with borrowed horns and drums.

Actually, although I too have noticed how empty my emails have lately been from the Allentown mendicants seeking daily donations, maybe that office is learning some prudence.

Last winter that corps saw both drum majors, most section leaders, and a whole snare line resign between February and Spring training. This winter the rumors seem to be more positive. Perhaps the lesson learned is "One never has to apologize for words not said."

The Schickmeister is right as usual. Corps this winter is doing a lot of smart music cyber camps to assuage costs and college commitments with the next full corps camp in late April. However, most of the percussion just had a camp this past weekend, minus those doing the indoor gigs.

• Like 2

Cadets are usually blasting video and audio clips out all winter but they are pretty quiet this winter. They are always a

monster corps by summer but does anyone have any info/updates as to their progress/potential thus far?

The Cadets are running a slightly different schedule with camps where the corps doesn't meet all together from January - April. So we won't get any combined videos/audio of the corps until the end of April.

Guard and Percussion Auditions: Nov. 16–18

Brass and Percussion Auditions: Nov. 30 - Dec. 2

Texas Brass, Percussion, and Guard Auditions: Dec. 7, 8, 9

Brass and Percussion Camp: Dec. 27, 28, 29, 30 (special four-day camp)

Brass and Percussion: Jan. 18–21

Percussion Only: March 8, 9, 10

Full Corps Camp: April 26, 27, 28

But word is the corps is much further ahead with the music than they have ever been (whole show learned at the extended December Camp).

• Like 2

That, or like almost every other corps they are just not being so transparent. Of course, other corps are blasted for it though(see the Madison thread).

Pretty sure they are doing a different camp schedule and don't have one until April or May.

That...or they folded.

Yeah, I remember reading about the new schedule somewhere. If I remember right, it basically looked like a large gap between completion of auditions and the next meeting of sections/full corps. Very interested in this Cadets program. Some aggressive musical choices that I think fit them very well.

• Like 1

I just said the same thing to a friend earlier today and he also mentioned the camp schedule. Wonder how that will play out come move-in time.

Perhaps we'll see a puff of white smoke from the chimney at YEA headquarters soon, indicating stuff being done there. :tongue:

• Like 5