New Atlanta drum corps seeks corps director

Heritage Junior( future DCI ) Drum and Bugle Corps from Loganville, GA is being re-activated. I have decided to start a formal search for a new director of Heritage Drum and Bugle Corps. I , Dr. Michael Schmidt the founding director of Heritage, will be in charge of this search. I will be selecting the director who will be in charge of the corps during its rebuilding period. That is how it is going to be, and this will not be negotiable. The new director will be responsible for all activities relating to reactivating Heritage. I am too sick with muscular dystrophy to be involved. I will only select the new director, and from that point on I will not run the reactivated drumcorps in any way. The new director will be starting Heritage all over again from scratch. Heritage has no debt, and no assets. In 1994 when Heritage decided not to tour every member of Heritage received a 100 % refund of all of their dues. Every one of Heritage's bills were paid in full. The position of Director will be a volunteer position. If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume to: Dr. Michael Schmidt 935 Foxfire Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30044 The deadline for submitting resume's is June 1st of 2013.

• Like 1

I would have thought Howdy could have funded the corps himself after selling all of those "High Note" Mouthpieces! :thumbdown:

• Like 3

...That is how it is going to be, and this will not be negotiable...

Well...that little bit of comfort should calm any and all concerns a potential director might have about expressing an independent voice.

• Like 2

Heritage Junior( future DCI ) Drum and Bugle Corps from Loganville, GA is being re-activated. I have decided to start a formal search for a new director of Heritage Drum and Bugle Corps. I , Dr. Michael Schmidt the founding director of Heritage, will be in charge of this search. I will be selecting the director who will be in charge of the corps during its rebuilding period. That is how it is going to be, and this will not be negotiable... I will only select the new director,...

Emphasized the word which is most important to Howdy.

• Like 6

Well...that little bit of comfort should calm any and all concerns a potential director might have about expressing an independent voice.

Not to mention that being half an hour away from 3 other well-established corps might just be a non-starter.

• Like 1

and a volunteer postion to boot.....