New Atlanta drum corps seeks corps director

My drum corps friends were right. DCP is worthless.

Before you start taking pot-shots, you should do yourself a favor and read Howdy's DCP posting history. You'll change your tune very quickly.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 5

Sounds like you need some new drum corps friends.

The folks here are protective of one another and are not shy to point out when something comes down the pike that raises a red flag.

Now, if Heritage was to merge with Eclipse, then we would be excited. We would say the same if someone announce a Heritage/Accent Marching Academy, especially since an anagram for "Heritage Accent" is "Create Teaching." But then, it's also "Create Cheating," so there's a downside to everything.

yes, but will they have free floaters? Mikey was adamant they had to have them

• Like 1

You don't remember Luke from RAMD? Around 1997 and 1998.

Hey; I'm trying to forget that I was ever on RAMD.

• Like 3

I told ya'all LOL

OMG

RAMD is NOT dead... (if you don't know what RAMD is, you're blissfully ignorant... just move on and be glad you didn't have to put up with the bullcrap back then)

this absolutely has to be an April fools day joke... someone put Howdy's rock firmly back in place covering the hole he crawled into...

You don't remember Luke from RAMD? Around 1997 and 1998.

Before my time on RAMD by a few years.....

(pause 3 seconds)

Thank goodness....

As for DCP being worthless, filling in background to the unwary can be very useful.... Think of it like getting a reference about a person or group you never dealt with or heard about before.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

If being forewarned is being forearmed, then what was to be gained by making the original post? I mean, your drum corps friends apparently told you this may happen, and yet you hit the send button. Do you honestly believe that a vetting process wouldn't have taken place? It's a discussion board about drum corps. Things get discussed. Your definition of discussion is what determines your level of participation in the discussion.

Irony is so... Ironic.

• Like 2

I told ya'all LOL

funny thing Keith (Jeff, Geoff, Mike and the rest of my friends) - since I don't hide from anyone or use any aliases, my phone rings yesterday and you guessed it... it's Dr. Michael Schmidt himself... or at least someone with a southern drawl claimed to be him... was NOT pleasant and I ended up doing something I NEVER do... hung up on him... this was a many years past nightmare revisited...

• Like 7