New Uniforms?

Been there - done that.

Oh God yes....my high school uni was a heavy and hot @^%$#$##$&!

That's one thing I appreciated about the BD uni in the 80s...that cavalry cut and the ruffles only being a dickey rather than a full tux #### made it much more comfortable to wear, even though the jacket itself was heavy wool.

I DID kinda feel for the poor guys in Suncoast during a day show, tho!

Wool kilts can be toasty enough. Nice in decent weather. Hot weather, your "junk" gets saunatized.......... :cool:/>/>

"Brain bleach - STAT!!" :blink:

The info about the Bluecoats selling the uniforms (current and past) was posted on their own site several months back. That it was an Ohio H.S. that bought them was posted and discussed elsewhere here on DCP....and because it is on DCP, doesn't that make it true, ha, ha?? http://www.drumcorps...-2012-unifroms/ If the 'Coats were selling two sets of coats, perhaps both statements are true. Of all the DCI major corps, I am the least familiar with their inner operations even though I have been to Canton and some of my former students have taught within their organization in major ways. The one inside rep I persistently hear is that they have the nicest Spring training facility of all DCI corps, Dennison College. Of all their shows, I like "The Boxer" best.

Yes Dennison is one nice facility.

Maybe they are selling both sets the ones from 2007-2009 & the 2010-2012 set. that would make sense.

Ok, did a little digging in the photo galleries on Corpsreps.com, and here's the best I can tell -

Blue Devils – last changed in 2011.

Carolina Crown – last changed in 2010.

Phantom Regiment – last changed in 2009 (may be 2011, as mentioned in this thread)

The Cadets – new in 2013? Well, new change, but back to old jackets.

Santa Clara Vanguard – last changed in 2012.

Bluecoats – new in 2013.

Boston Crusaders – last changed in 2009 (is this right - were the jackets new, or just replaced the black piping on the old ones?)

The Cavaliers – last changed in 2010.

Madison Scouts – last changed in 2010. (may be changing this year per this thread)

Blue Knights – last changed in 2008.

Spirit of Atlanta – last changed in 2010.

Crossmen – last changed in 2004. (as mentioned in this thread)

Blue Stars – new in 2013.

The Academy – last changed in 2011.

Pacific Crest – last changed in 2009.

Colts – new in 2013.

Troopers – new in 2013.

Oregon Crusaders – last changed in 2006. Design, anyways – the jackets themselves may be newer.

Jersey Surf – last changed in 2013. (Changes every year, I think.)

Mandarins – new in 2013.

Cascades – last changed in 2011.

Pioneer – last changed in 2010.

Mike

Boy things have changed since I marched! In 1982, my last year with Troopers, I had to get a larger size. When my mother began to do a few repairs on the pants she found a signature and date from 1965. I guess I probably had one of the "newer" uniforms. Lets just say that it was very common to have unexpected "ventilation" during shows. I guess it was probably a good thing to make sure you had clean "drawers" just for the shows. (Although I do remember a snare drummer going "commando" and having a "wardrobe malfunction"! :tongue::shutup:

Ok, did a little digging in the photo galleries on Corpsreps.com, and here's the best I can tell -

Mike

Just the jackets changed for SCV. The pants, shoes, and aussies were the same. The jackets and gauntlets were new for this year.

I think my first year, I had a uniform from 2003 or 2004. After that, I had a new uniform every year because of corps and uniform changes.

Edited by fsubone

my years I marched with bluecoats I had the following uniforms

1982 - originally got them in 1980 (opened the jacket and added ruffled dickie and red piping)

1984 - New uniforms and helmets

1985 - Added plumes

1986 - No changes

1987 - No Changes

1988 - Changed sash connectiion point at hip and added silver tape to edges of sash

just wondering aloud what the cost is today for new uniforms for a corps?

From what I understood of the change, they got new jackets in 2010. I think the bibs are still from 2007.

Blue Devils – last changed in 2011.

Carolina Crown – last changed in 2010.

Phantom Regiment – last changed in 2009 (may be 2011, as mentioned in this thread)

The Cadets – new in 2013? Well, new change, but back to old jackets.

Bluecoats – new in 2013.

Boston Crusaders – last changed in 2009 (is this right - were the jackets new, or just replaced the black piping on the old ones?)

The Cavaliers – last changed in 2010.

Madison Scouts – last changed in 2010. (may be changing this year per this thread)

Blue Knights – last changed in 2008.

Spirit of Atlanta – last changed in 2010.

Crossmen – last changed in 2004. (as mentioned in this thread)

Blue Stars – new in 2013.

The Academy – last changed in 2011.

Pacific Crest – last changed in 2009.

Colts – new in 2013.

Troopers – new in 2013.

Oregon Crusaders – last changed in 2006. Design, anyways – the jackets themselves may be newer.

Jersey Surf – last changed in 2013. (Changes every year, I think.)

Mandarins – new in 2013.

Cascades – last changed in 2011.

Mike

Somebody else on this list is getting a drastically different uniform for this upcoming season. :ph34r:

Edited by loopin' froot loops