Rumblings from CADETLAND

I've heard others say this. Is their a significance to Medea having a star in the drill or is it a drum corps pun since Star played Medea?

In any case, I went to the Jackson show and the Cadets left a few impressions on me:

1. All solid captions, but Guard book is the best I've seen from them. Very demanding flag toss and exchanges, bolt (saber) tosses and catches

on weird angles on the move, great use of reflective poles wiggling at climax in ballad causing amazing visual effect (think 2011 drum solo).

2. GE Music, this is the best arranged music the Cadets have (ever?) had. I would be surprised if they did not win or be extremely tight in this

caption come August. It is a program with all emotions written in to it adding a diversity that is a treat to listen too. Complexity but not over the top

to sound like a brass exercise with a show written around it.

3. A visual program that explodes with color as these huge towers amplify the guard flag colors which change throughout the show complimenting the continually changing music tempos and emotion. Drill works for me but they will continue to tweak. It's actually nice to see different paces performed

so when they move, it's a nice contrast to when they are not. I get nervous when I hear Cadets/Props but this is a win/win.

4. Soft closer for a Cadets show scares me but this works. It's visually there but musically, I'm waiting for the cherry on top of my sundae but its the

early stages of a magnificent ending.

5. Top 3 yes, where in that mix they fall, too early to tell but this is a Cadet classic.

Thanks for the analysis; I appreciate hearing the deeper (ish) thoughts about several aspects of Cadets show!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can anyone shout out when Cadets last had soft ending? I can't remember off the top of my head

Thanks for the analysis; I appreciate hearing the deeper (ish) thoughts about several aspects of Cadets show!! :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/>

Can anyone shout out when Cadets last had soft ending? I can't remember off the top of my head

They tried one for a little bit in 2008 (smiley face and such ). Last end-of-season soft ending was 87 (the only one from them in the non-tic era).

They tried one for a little bit in 2008 (smiley face and such ). Last end-of-season soft ending was 87 (the only one from them in the non-tic era).

Wow; I remember that smiley face thing now that you mention it. 87 was the last Finals down ending I could think of, but I'm almost taken aback that it's been that long.

Cool for Cadets trying for it again this year (though I'll be interested to see what ending they end up with)

Well it's certainly not another company front ending. We know how horrified DCPers and Cadets Alumni would have been. :innocent:

Personally.. right now I LOVE the soft ending.. I think it is very musical. And it brings the show full circle. I think it is a great choice right now.

And I am never really a fan of down endings. But when done right they can be very effective.

Well it's certainly not another company front ending. We know how horrified DCPers and Cadets Alumni would have been. :innocent:/>

Horrified wouldn't have been the correct word for how I would have felt. :mat:

Horrified wouldn't have been the correct word for how I would have felt. :mat:/>

Lol.

Cadets spending a few days in Connecticut. Changes to the build up to first hit in show, drum break, transition to Medea and end of Medea on the list. Here we go July...