What should DCI do...

What's the $550m in reserve supposed to do?

(and you and Slingerland need new calculators. Or did you mean $500m in reserve?)

yeah, it's a typo....

But, with $2M you could shuffle around some currencies for a few of days and probably pick up an extra $50k.... or lose it :)

(1) Retain an excellent corporate attorney to clean up some of the compliance messes that have been created over the years.

(2) Reserve a bunch for finder's fees for folks who bring in enterprise sponsorship deals.

(3) Buy some sort of small, for-profit business that could be a cash cow with a bit of tweaking.

Keep $550k in reserve and seed 3 new entirely unrelated businesses with $500k each.

Each business should have the objective to return to DCI a min of $500k per year after the 2nd year.

Loads of possibility.

Was digging around looking at businesses for sale and am wondering: How is it reasonable to expect a business worth $500m return $500m net to DCI year two?

Isn't that quite...umm...unrealistic?

Even if you find PPP funds to double the investment, it doesn't seem realistic to what I'm seeing out there available for purchase.

(3) Buy some sort of small, for-profit business that could be a cash cow with a bit of tweaking.

Well, you know someone's gonna start investing in legal weed shops, as legalization spreads to more states. tongue.gif

• Like 1

My first though was to buy TV time on PBS or ESPN. But then I remembered an Ethiopian prince who will evidently give you about 100 to 1 return on your cash if you can help him out with some problems he's having getting diamonds into the US.

Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner!! (I just laugh every time I get those spam emails!)

Some of you mentioned a side for-profit "cash cow" business that would funnel money to DCI for use in its mission. What would this kind of business look like?

Maybe make it a performing arts marketing agency, and DCI would get its services free!??

Or something like USBands for The Cadets (not sure how much money crosses over, but it is a huge apparatus to recruit for the corps, that's for sure).

Some of you mentioned a side for-profit "cash cow" business that would funnel money to DCI for use in its mission. What would this kind of business look like?

Maybe make it a performing arts marketing agency, and DCI would get its services free!??

Or something like USBands for The Cadets (not sure how much money crosses over, but it is a huge apparatus to recruit for the corps, that's for sure).

Star made (makes) a lot of money with buses and travel agency services.

There is a lot of money in non-drum corps event management, too. DCI already manages some giant-in-scope events. Why not spin those skills up into something that makes money?

There is a lot of money in public relations, and overhead is very low.

Just some ideas...

The entire $2 mil should should go to the corps daring enough NOT to subscribe to the Chop 'n Bop School of Show Design.