Coastal Surge's Schedule

I want to see Coastal Surge make their debut this summer, so I went on DCI.org and found this schedule:

June 25th - Kalamazoo, MI

June 26th - Pittsburgh, PA

June 28th - Jackson, NJ

Of course it is not my place to question a corps' strategy and it will definitely be a fun and successful summer for all, but why go all the way out to Kalamazoo and only do three shows? They're from South Carolina and could easily do a strictly mid-Atlantic/northeast tour for probably a little less and get more shows. I'm just curious, perhaps someone from Coastal Surge can give some insight into this decision.

Edited by MetalTones2012

I know that they are spending some time with Legends Drum and Bugle Corps to do a joint performance at the Kalamazoo show. While that doesn't itself warrant making the trek to Michigan, I understand that Coastal Surge will be housing with Legends for several days prior to the show as well.

Due to scheduling conflicts with some of our members/staff/equipment in the month of July and August... we found that in order for us to have the opportunity to do some DCI performances and give our kids and staff some experience we had to schedule our shows early in the season. We will be housing with and spending some time with both Legends and Jersey Surf during our short time out on the tour. We hope that you'll get a chance to see us at one of our three performances in late June and we hope to be able to expand our tour length and number of shows in the coming years. Thank you all for your support and we look forward to performing for you in June!

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Kalamazoo and Pittsburgh show no scores. ??!

• Like 1

Due to scheduling conflicts with some of our members/staff/equipment in the month of July and August... we found that in order for us to have the opportunity to do some DCI performances and give our kids and staff some experience we had to schedule our shows early in the season. We will be housing with and spending some time with both Legends and Jersey Surf during our short time out on the tour. We hope that you'll get a chance to see us at one of our three performances in late June and we hope to be able to expand our tour length and number of shows in the coming years. Thank you all for your support and we look forward to performing for you in June!

Enjoyed your corps' debut performance in Kalamazoo!

I want to see Coastal Surge make their debut this summer, so I went on DCI.org and found this schedule:

June 25th - Kalamazoo, MI

June 26th - Pittsburgh, PA

June 28th - Jackson, NJ

Of course it is not my place to question a corps' strategy and it will definitely be a fun and successful summer for all, but why go all the way out to Kalamazoo and only do three shows? They're from South Carolina and could easily do a strictly mid-Atlantic/northeast tour for probably a little less and get more shows. I'm just curious, perhaps someone from Coastal Surge can give some insight into this decision.

It appears their season is over on June 28th. On their website it says "Tuition covers the cost of all rehearsal facilities, transportation, drivers, equipment, uniforms, instruments, and professional instruction during the summer tour and spring training (June-August)." But there is nothing on the schedule after June 28th. I mean I understand a new corps taking baby steps, but this seems a little unique.

Kalamazoo and Pittsburgh show no scores. ??!

They performed in exhibition.

It appears their season is over on June 28th. On their website it says "Tuition covers the cost of all rehearsal facilities, transportation, drivers, equipment, uniforms, instruments, and professional instruction during the summer tour and spring training (June-August)." But there is nothing on the schedule after June 28th. I mean I understand a new corps taking baby steps, but this seems a little unique.

Probably better than pulling a Teal Sound. I can understand starting small and building over the years. Makes for a more financially stable corps.

• Like 1