New Uniforms 2013

I like it. Very much. I bet it will be very graphic from up top. I like the cut, fit and over all design.

Edited by bearwy
  • Like 4

Yup, I think that takes the cake for one of the ugliest uniforms I've seen. Sure, it's no Glassmen '93 or Spirit of Atlanta in the late 80's, but it's up there. At least Crown will sound better than they look.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Furthermore, doesn't the shako also look like it has some sort of 'reveal?' The asymetrical point looks like a piece of fabric just velcroed on.

The colors do not bother me. The shako does not bother me. The short sleeves and the bottom asymmetry of the tunic do not bother me. It's the collar and the cut of the pants that stick out like a sore thumb. It's just weird for lack of a better term.

Edited by wallace
  • Like 2

I was wondering what the Cavaliers did with the Mad World guard costumes!

• Like 2

I'm wondering if the black jacket comes off during the show to reveal just the red shirts.... hmmm

That worries me.. I just envision the corps taking their jackets & hats (those are not shakos, so I don't know what else to call them) off, revealing a Cavies guard-esque uni & dancing like the sugar plum fairy. I know they're wearing purple now, but please, Crown, don't dance like the sugar plum fairy.

• Like 3

That worries me.. I just envision the corps taking their jackets & hats (those are not shakos, so I don't know what else to call them) off, revealing a Cavies guard-esque uni & dancing like the sugar plum fairy. I know they're wearing purple now, but please, Crown, don't dance like the sugar plum fairy.

Haha, you probably won't have to worry about that....or will you? devil.gif

...no you won't.

I love this! (Crown). It's a really interesting, well-balanced design. This is the first one from them I've liked since the original cream with purple stripes (hated the Spaceman Spiff of the past few years, and thought the previous with window cutouts was gimicky). The collar is a bit weird, but it works well with the overall shapes.

Haven't been a fan of their extensive body movement for years, in part because It seemed ridiculously out of place with how they were dressed, but the less-rigid style of these outfits should finally bring some resolution to that issue.

There have been numerous attempts at creating a hat that didn't look like a quasi-military shako, but would still retain the sense of height needed to make everyone look tall on the field. Most were disasters (93 Blue Knights, black and white Southwind). This one looks like it will actually work, mainly because Cesario was extremely smart in how he designed it as an extension of the overall color treatment, rather than a separate entity. It doesn't have to be as tall as a regular shako/plume because that orange/red feather swash continues the fabric line from the costume. It will look taller than it actually is because all you will see from a distance is that red line shooting straight up.

Some people will, no doubt, find an unusual shift like this unsettling, but it is good stuff. Bold and creative, but also well thought-out, and their most distinctive and unique look ever. For the first time, they don't look like a derivative of something done by someone else. If they've designed a show that is of the same caliber of freshness, look out!

• Like 1