Amazing Drill

Rotating circle in The Cavaliers 2004 show "007"

As this was a James Bond show, I always imagined that the rotating circle was an olive slowly rotating down through a martini glass.

• Like 3

As this was a James Bond show, I always imagined that the rotating circle was an olive slowly rotating down through a martini glass.

From members I talked to, it was supposed to be like the opening, with the gun barrel slowly floating across the screen before James Bond walks on.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned... so I'll mention something a lot of people have never seen, or don't always remember because it was a non-finals show... and not that exciting of a show. Maybe because I marched it and it stuck with me....

But Crossmen 2008 Planet X, at the end of the opener.. basically after the company front to the end of the tune.. Darryl P. wrote some sick stuff in there. Probably helped the music was pretty cool there too (non-Guidry part of the show). It's a shame the shadow was where it was at that point of the day on the semis recording.. but I still think that entire drill sequence is ####### ######. nuts, yet tastefully done at the same time.

If I can find a good video I'll post it. But definitely check it out.

From members I talked to, it was supposed to be like the opening, with the gun barrel slowly floating across the screen before James Bond walks on.

That's how I always think of it. Must've been a right royal ##### to teach...effective, tho.

Steve Brubaker's work with Cavaliers in the late 80's / early 90's laid the foundation for all that came after...IMO. He was awesome.

Too bad that Pete Van Dorpe (now a chief in Chicago FD) and Craig Raisin and later others never got the credit they deserved for doing all of Brubaker's grunt work (charting, drill sheets, re-writes) while Brubaker got the fame for his designs on half of a cocktail napkin (always symmetrical presentations.) And all this was before his debilitating cancer.

That's how I always think of it. Must've been a right royal ##### to teach...effective, tho.

Eh, with the super-detailed dot system they teach, probably not as hard as it seems like. Still quite impressive on the video.

My favorite drill moves are the ones where the kids are obviously running! I love 1999 Cadets closer (10:55 to end). Even though it was dirty, they just keep running and running and running... crazy. :)

My favorite drill moves are the ones where the kids are obviously running! I love 1999 Cadets closer (10:55 to end). Even though it was dirty, they just keep running and running and running... crazy. :)

Yea I absolutely loved it when the Cadets ran/marched/played the push forward in their 2009 show West Side Story

Cross to cross best one for me

What is cross to cross?