Wildwood scores

Really?? :blink:/>

Hey, 'ya gotta go with the odds here. And not only did Reading maintain their usual, opening contest, 4 point spread....but they again swept the sheets, with the exception of guard. It's definitely an uphill climb against another Reading corps that is comfortably in front. It's like deja vu all over again!

• Like 1

Hey, 'ya gotta go with the odds here. And not only did Reading maintain their usual, opening contest, 4 point spread....but they again swept the sheets, with the exception of guard. It's definitely an uphill climb against another Reading corps that is comfortably in front. It's like deja vu all over again!

There isn't a 4 point spread. Penalties being what they are.. which Cabs I heard either had a member cross in front of the honor guard or were undertime unconfirmed. The spread between Bucs and Cabs was 2.85. Cabs tied Bucs in visual. Cabs were within a point to Bucs in percussion. As history suggest... this is the closest Cabs or anyone has been to Reading. Conditions were far from perfect. The field was a disaster. Cabs went on last which by than was a muddy mess. Cabs show is very high demand as well as Bucs. However by the time Cabs took the field it was a mud pit. Conditions had they been favorable. It coukd have had a different outcome.. maybe not a win.. but certainly would have been different.

There isn't a 4 point spread. Penalties being what they are.. which Cabs I heard either had a member cross in front of the honor guard or were undertime unconfirmed. The spread between Bucs and Cabs was 2.85. Cabs tied Bucs in visual. Cabs were within a point to Bucs in percussion. As history suggest... this is the closest Cabs or anyone has been to Reading. Conditions were far from perfect. The field was a disaster. Cabs went on last which by than was a muddy mess. Cabs show is very high demand as well as Bucs. However by the time Cabs took the field it was a mud pit. Conditions had they been favorable. It coukd have had a different outcome.. maybe not a win.. but certainly would have been different.

Defintely kudos go to the Cabs as they have put themselves right in the thick again. And kudos to the Cabs for hanging in there, figuring things out and being a competitive force. It just seems like we have heard this tune before. Perhaps it's just a conditioned response.

• Like 1

Cadets 2 I thought should have been 2nd, although they stood still the last minute and were at least a minute under time.

Maybe they should have had their show done

• Like 3

The spread between Bucs and Cabs was 2.85. Cabs tied Bucs in visual. Cabs were within a point to Bucs in percussion. As history suggest... this is the closest Cabs or anyone has been to Reading.

Well... except for the 2005 season opener, when the spread was 2 points... the 2006 season opener, when the spread was less than one point... and the 2007 season opener, when the spread was a point and a half.

• Like 3

Well... except for the 2005 season opener, when the spread was 2 points... the 2006 season opener, when the spread was less than one point... and the 2007 season opener, when the spread was a point and a half.

good point fran. and who won those years going away? we all know. but it's good to see fusion up there. and cadets will be a force. so this could be a very interesting year.

fran sorry i missed ya last night here, it was my grandson's 6 th birthday.

A cabs color guard did walk in front of the honor guard.

good point fran. and who won those years going away? we all know. but it's good to see fusion up there. and cadets will be a force. so this could be a very interesting year.

fran sorry i missed ya last night here, it was my grandson's 6 th birthday.

Happy Birthday to him, Don!!! :thumbup:

I was announcing the show in Wildwood. And for some reason, they won't let me call you with the scores in advance. :tongue:

Bucs are great again, no question, and will once again be tough to beat.

I guess my point was/is.... there have been a few occasions... in particular, 2006 pretty much all season (remember, the spread at Finals that year was a bit less than three tenths), 2007 at a few shows, 2010 late season, and obviously at championships in 2011, when the Bucs didn't steamroll everyone all the time.

Cabs had a .65 gap at Clifton in 2007 which might be the closest yet other than MBI.

Aside from MBI, Empire Statesmen in 2006 were the closest since the Bucs' run began in 2005.