Mesa, Arizona

It's a dry heat so it may only serve to bake them and make em hallucinate.... Scores may get high and trippy

Per usual, tonites scores in Arizona will be transported by carrier pigeons to DCI HQ in Indy then disseminated to the public. Last season for reasons quite apparent, the DCI fanbase got the Blue Knights's scores first, then approx. an hour later we'd get the rest of the Corps scores. It is expected that this summer however that all the scores will arrive simulaneously and be made available to the public at the same time as well. :smile:/>

Edited by BRASSO

edit: nevermind

But happy anniversary TQ for being on DCP for one year today.

• Like 1

CC may be a bit dirty tonight (who wouldn't be)...but they have their best design ever...so I think the judges will love it and reward them with a 74+. I don't much care for predictions but my guess is that BD and CC will be within .5 of each other all the way to finals.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 5

But happy anniversary TQ for being on DCP for one year today.

Attributable wholly, or in part, to first rate survival instincts. :peek:

• Like 1

My son is marching PC this year.

I have been impressed by the growth in their sound over the last few years. This years corps has stepped it up even more with a very mature sound and a fairly solid visual show. It will be interesting to see their season unfold and watch them contest with some other very good drum corps for the last couple of spots in Finals.

My opnion...The real battle is down in the 11 to 16 realm. Four awesome drum corps who are worthy of a Finals spot will be left out. Whoever wants those last couple of spots bad enough will be working their butts off to get there! One less break for more rehearsal, one better runthrough, one note that has better intonation, one drop that didn't occur, better group esprit de corps...it's going to be so tight that the little things will be the difference that gives the judges the nudge. Go PC!

[Of course BD will win! :-P]

• Like 3

CC may be a bit dirty tonight (who wouldn't be)...but they have their best design ever...so I think the judges will love it and reward them with a 74+. I don't much care for predictions but my guess is that BD and CC will be within .5 of each other all the way to finals.

After yesterday it would not surprise me to see them sitting at around 3rd until San Antonio. While I loved the show yesterday, there's some dirt and things that WILL need time to come together as expected. It's a ridiculous show in terms of difficulty, and it'll take some time to start clicking completely! I never put a whole lot of faith in where a corps is sitting until Atlanta. Come August, they'll be perfectly fine!

My opnion...The real battle is down in the 11 to 16 realm. Four awesome drum corps who are worthy of a Finals spot will be left out. Whoever wants those last couple of spots bad enough will be working their butts off to get there! One less break for more rehearsal, one better runthrough, one note that has better intonation, one drop that didn't occur, better group esprit de corps...it's going to be so tight that the little things will be the difference that gives the judges the nudge. Go PC!

I too have been engaged in the battle for 12th a lot in the previous few years. In many ways, it's more dramatic than most of the other competition.

It would be nice to see Pacific Crest in the thick of things this year.

After yesterday it would not surprise me to see them sitting at around 3rd until San Antonio. While I loved the show yesterday, there's some dirt and things that WILL need time to come together as expected. It's a ridiculous show in terms of difficulty, and it'll take some time to start clicking completely! I never put a whole lot of faith in where a corps is sitting until Atlanta. Come August, they'll be perfectly fine!

I know it's about execution at this point, but I can't say enough about judge perception and their getting into the production. If they collectively like it early, I see an early slotting and then it will be who blinks first between BD and CC. I really shouldn't dismiss Cadets, PR, Cavies and especially SCV (or even BC) but I think "different" is rewarded and if it isn't different....It #### well better be spectacular.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

double post

Edited by Jeremy.

YAY FOR SHOW DAY!!!! My predictions:

Crown: 72.0

BK: 61.00

PC: 60.50

Academy: 58.00

yep, that spread.

Edited by Jeremy.