Mesa, Arizona

Blue Knights really blew me away. Didn't take but a few seconds into their show to know they were on an entirely different level than the former performances. Great sound, blend, balance and intonation- I would not be surprised to see them end up with a score in the 90's come August. Crown was as expected. They have a really, really solid product this year.

Wow, BK, despite the lack of off season hype, appears to be poised to possibly move up in the rankings, not down this summer, as some had predicted in the off seasson. Cool! :thumbup:/>/>

Edited by BRASSO

You be safe over there sir. Don't need any more Americans having a heart attack while in Rome.

Well it is hot here... apparently somebody died of heat stroke at the Vatican the other day... but it's certainly no hotter than some of the days of corps tour I remember! Valuable lesson from corps: it's all about drinking lots of water!!!!

I really hated Crowns uniforms when I saw them online, but from far away (at least in the photo)they look pretty good. I will never be a fan of their head gear or guard uniforms but to be honest almost all the guard uniforms I have seen so far this year are horrible. I feel sorry for the guys in these guards. I am sure glad I marched when I did, cuz I would never have been comfortable running around in spandex! Sorry, I got off topic.

Anyway, I cannot wait to see the corps in Palo Alto in a couple days.

Wow, just goes to show you that off season hype or lack of hype is meaningless when these Corps finally hit the field. Lots of us here on DCP posters had BK placing very low this year and several even had BK falling out of the TOP 12 for the first time in 10 years. But now that they have actually performed, we have a poster that actually saw their show and has them moving up in the standings and scoring " in the 90's come August ". I find it intriguing to see a Corps like BK that rarely gets its due on DCP, finally hitting the field and doing a lot better than people who really hadn't seen them in the off season thought they'd do. :thumbup:/>

Most posters have BK falling out of finals every year:) it's kinda par for the course. Boston is always in a similar lowball prediction every year too. I think because both are kinda like the Spurs- not real sexy but very consistent they both get go hums each year. Bk had an off musical year last year but was vis great so some felt they were on a downward turn. Lots o season to go but what Marc said in his review is what I've been hearing as well! Could be a special season. And they're back to being fan friendly in a different way this year:)

Well it is hot here... apparently somebody died of heat stroke at the Vatican the other day... but it's certainly no hotter than some of the days of corps tour I remember! Valuable lesson from corps: it's all about drinking lots of water!!!!

James Gandofini (Tony Soprano) died yesterday in Rome at age 51 I think. That's why Rome is being spoken of today in the news

Blue Knights really blew me away. Didn't take but a few seconds into their show to know they were on an entirely different level than the former performances. Great sound, blend, balance and intonation--I would not be surprised to see them end up with a score in the 90s come August. Crown was as expected. They have a really, really solid product this year.

Wow, just goes to show you that off season hype or lack of hype is meaningless when these Corps finally hit the field. Lots of us here on DCP had BK placing very low this year and several even had BK falling out of the Top 12 for the first time in 10 years. But now that they have actually performed, we have a poster that actually saw their show and has them moving up in the standings and scoring "in the 90's come August". I find it intriguing to see a Corps like BK that rarely gets its due on DCP, finally hitting the field and doing a lot better than people who really hadn't seen them in the off season thought they'd do. :thumbup:/>/>

It may be worth noting that only the top 6 corps broke 90 at Finals last year--the first time since 1996 that so few corps had done so. Maybe because last year was the first with the new sheets? But if that's the "new normal", then BK would have to do very well indeed, better than seventh, to achieve a score in the 90s. I would be delighted if they did.

Most posters have BK falling out of finals every year:) it's kinda par for the course. Boston is always in a similar lowball prediction every year too. I think because both are kinda like the Spurs- not real sexy but very consistent they both get go hums each year. Bk had an off musical year last year but was vis great so some felt they were on a downward turn. Lots o season to go but what Marc said in his review is what I've been hearing as well! Could be a special season. And they're back to being fan friendly in a different way this year:)

Its not easy to finish in the TOP 12 year in and year out. You can't stand still, or others will pass you by. You have to keep improving year in and year out. BK has shown the ability to do this. Thats why its so hard to crack the TOP 12 in any year, and usually only 1 Corps or so at most does so in any year. And once a Corps makes the Top 12, it needs to demonstrate in a 3 year period it can do so 3 years in a row, or it usually is overtaken by another. I think the 11th and 12th positions at DCI are the most intriguing as it is here that we find the most volatility from year to year. BK is solidly in the TOP 12 , and has been for a decade. Barring something unforseen, it looks like BK is solidly in the TOP 12 once again and even has a good chance to possibly move up.

Edited by BRASSO

James Gandofini (Tony Soprano) died yesterday in Rome at age 51 I think. That's why Rome is being spoken of today in the news

That was a great TV show, imo.. and Gandolfini took that acting role of Tony Soprano and made it his own. He was a terrific actor... sad to see him go and at only 51 years of age too.

Edited by BRASSO

Yeah I heard... and it is extremely sad indeed. But it's not as though there is anything inherently dangerous about Rome for Americans. Except for those dumb tourists not prepared for the heat... and man is it HOT! Feels like San Antonio the third week of July. ;-)

Ouch..... Never realized its that hot