Clovis Cluster

Going to need a moment. Crown just demolished the stadium. Full standing ovation. Welcome to Cali Crown. This show might just be the one for them

• Like 9

@megalopia 1m

Carolina Crown's show is Einstein on the Beach and the Blue Devils' is a cross btwn 'The Mask' and 'Big Trouble in Little China' #dci

??? :blink:/>

I love those movies! Wonder how she gets that from Rite of Spring Hmm Can't wait to see this one

Edited by DCImonkey

I like Crown's idea(s) this year, but am not sure what is really "new" in the scheme of things, other than the uniforms.

For example, they have become very cliche in the fact that their first effect moment is the same type move, same key, same dynamic, every year. (Spread the field, hold Bb Major chord for 10-15 seconds at fff) It sounds AMAZING, but what's truly "cutting edge" about that? Its almost as if they want to be different, but are afraid to go away from what the fans want and expect, whereas BD doesn't seem to really care. I guess its a hard balance to strike in such a subjective activity...

Honestly, I think that's what has separated BD from the pack, year in-year out, and made their shows unique and fresh (while maybe not always appealing to the average fan). I hope Crown continues to try new things and push the envelope in more unique ways this season. cant wait to see them live! :thumbup:/>/>/>

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 7

You heard it here first: Crown is going to beat BD

• Like 3

I like the idea(s) this year, but am not sure what is really "new" in the scheme of things, other than the uniforms.

For example, Crown has become very cliche in the fact that their first effect moment is the same move, same key, same dynamic, every year. (Spread the field, hold Bb Major chord for 10-15 seconds at fff) It sounds AMAZING, but what's cutting edge about that? Its almost as if they want to be different, but are afraid to go away from what the fans want and expect, whereas BD doesn't really care.

Sadly, I think that's what has separated BD from the pack, year in-year out, and made their shows unique and fresh (while maybe not always appealing to the average fan). I hope Crown continues to try new things and push the envelope in more unique ways this season. cant wait to see them live! :thumbup:/>

But but... BD's oh so many props! Every year!

• Like 2