Boston 2013

I believe Craiga that I did not knock the mm. With no one denying the top five goal, my frustration in that not happening may have shown. But, as we've all read on DCP in regards to many corps, it's not the mm fault for design, changes, etc. And from what I've observed, this group of Crusaders will give it their all tonight and may they surprise everyone one more time.

as we've all read on DCP in regards to many corps, it's not the mm fault for design, changes, etc. And from what I've observed, this group of Crusaders will give it their all tonight and may they surprise everyone one more time.

I believe that the Boston Crusaders, like all Corps will do, will sit down after the season, evaluate their stated goals for the season, evaluate their staff, recruiting, camps, organizational structures, etc and see what needs to be done to continue to improve. Administrations and BOD's of all these Corps will look at their current staff, look at the judging captions, to determine if these are the people that will help them move up in the standings in the future, and if changes need to be made that will best help attain those stated goals... or alternatively, adjust the goals accordingly so that that are identifiable, understood, with clearly understood consequences of promotion or demotion for not attaining stated goals. The Boston Crusaders will be approaching their 75th Anniversary year soon ( 2015). I have a feeling the BOD of the Boston Crusaders will be working toward something really special. 15 consecutive seasons now of TOP 12 status is nothing to sneeze at, especially when we see the quality of the Corps and shows that just miss out each and every year to getting into the Finals. But I'm with you, I'd love to see Boston move up now in the near future. The BOD there just need to figure out what its going to take. I already noticed that they have posted their 2014 camp dates on their website already, and have expanded their number of camps, and location of the camps. I don't ever recall Boston posting dates for 2014 as early as this. So we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO

With all due respect, I could not disagree more with your post.

I am frankly surprised and disappointed by your post, particularly coming on the very day of the National Championships and given the fact that many of our corps members read DCP (this thread in particular). As for the goal of attaining a top 5 finish (which I wholeheartedly support, by the way), you are either simply ill-informed or being outright disingenuous to suggest an en masse "taking hits" by the design team. Blue Devils' stated goal is to win. If they finish 2nd tonight, (therefore failing to meet said goal), will they show Wayne Downey or Jay Murphy the door? Hardly.

I'm sure the Troopers's goal was to make top 12. They missed by tenths of a point. Will they fire their team? I highly doubt it. While there might well be some BAC staff changes in the off season, that would most likely be the natural flow of talent which all drum corps (including BAC) go through, perhaps elevated due to a new corps director at some point.

Another point I would make which I have made before, and nobody (and I mean NOBODY) understands this better that the Boston organization throughout its history is this: You can only control what you can control. As a designer, you construct the best product possible. As a caption head, you oversee the development of that product. Finally, as a staff person, you teach and clean that product to the best of your ability. If, in the final result, another team is placed a a few tenths above you, that is what it is. Specifically, it is simply the opinion of nine or 10 people on one night in August.

I don't see how anyone can look at the 150 members as well as the staff before it, place it in the context of the season they've had, and have anything but praise for the entire organization. We actually have Madison and Cavies alums coming on DCP and congratulating the group. I hope you find it in your heart do do the same, Mr. Ghost.

Eat'em, Up, Boston!

Craig K. Scott

Craig I agree with you. You nailed it. Ghost thumbdown.gif thats all I have to say.

• Like 2

But I'm with you, I'd love to see Boston move up now in the near future.

You do a much better job of spinning your concerns without it reading as a knock on a corps or person even though you may be somewhat disappointed . Politicians probably pay good money for these skills.

Who is Boston's next executive director going to be ?

Its not Thompson ?

His title leads me to believe someone else will be

The Executive Director.

I am so proud of the members and staff of the Boston Crusaders this season. This was truly a PHENOMENAL season. Your production "Rise" had an incredible amount of depth and sophistication unlike I have never seen that made me cry with tears of joy by the end of that show. The emotion that the members brought to the field this season was absolutely AMAZING. As an alum, I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for that! You have made me just so happy to call myself a true blue crusader...always and forever....This corps is truly made of giants.

• Like 4