Boston 2013

Wow. I can't believe it took me til now to figure out what this show was ACTUALLY about. Brilliant opening.

You can read Boo blog tonight he dose a nice job. It's has been on BAC FB / WP for a while all so. You can click above for more details. Have a great day. good luck tonight.

I have an extra ticket to finals in section 543. My niece was going to come but can't and none of my friends can come with such short notice, and I'd rather it go to someone who know how special finals is than a relative that won't miss w\hat they've never seen before. I'm sure they'd have a great time but wouldn't appreciate it like someone who's familiar with DCI would. It's going to go for an extremely cheap price, its only one ticket and I've but this notice up on Crown and SCVs threads but no one has contacted me yet. pm me if interested!

I have an extra ticket to finals in section 543. My niece was going to come but can't and none of my friends can come with such short notice, and I'd rather it go to someone who know how special finals is than a relative that won't miss w\hat they've never seen before. I'm sure they'd have a great time but wouldn't appreciate it like someone who's familiar with DCI would. It's going to go for an extremely cheap price, its only one ticket and I've but this notice up on Crown and SCVs threads but no one has contacted me yet. pm me if interested!

Thanks but I am here in Boston. No plans to go out there this year, To much to do here. Have a great week.

Over five days [since 7/23], Boston's score has gone from 81.9 to 85.0 [that's 0.62 per day] ... If they continue to improve as fast as they have since Tuesday, they'll score 93 in Finals and be more than a point ahead of Cavies. Similarly they'd pass up the Scouts.

Over seven days, Boston's score has gone from 81.9 to 86.1 [that's 0.60 per day]. It would be great if they could keep up that rate of improvement.

Over nine days, Boston's score has gone from 81.9 to 87.25. That's 0.59 per day. Still climbing fast, but the rate is slowing a little, trending to a Finals score of 92.6 (but 91.8 if the rate continues to slow consistently).

Over eleven days, Boston's score has gone from 81.9 to 88.5. That's 0.60 per day: they're holding their remarkable pace which would put them at 92.7 in a week. Cavs over the same period have improved an average of 4.55 per day, trending them toward a 91.7. Madison has a rate of 0.26 per day, pointing them to a 89.5. We'll see.

Over thirteen days, Boston's score has gone from 81.9 to 89.0. That's 0.55 per day, a small slip in their rate of improvement. At this rate (noting that Cavaliers improved 0.41 per day and Madison improved 0.30 per day over the same period), Boston could break 90 at Prelims and pass Cavs at Semis, and then get a Finals score of 91.7 vs. Cavs' 91.5 and Scouts' 90.1. Best of luck!

Er, well... even if we set aside tonight's penalty, Boston has stalled: over sixteen days, their score has gone from 81.9 to 88.95. At that rate, with just two days left, they'll score 89.83 in Finals.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Er, well... even if we set aside tonight's penalty, Boston has stalled: over sixteen days, their score has gone from 81.9 to 88.95. At that rate, with just two days left, they'll score 89.83 in Finals.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Yes, the penalty means nothing other than how can it happen with all the staff corps have these days? How the corps performed is more concerning. Did they add new stuff, is the corps dragging a little, not favorable judges, too tight last night, etc.

Yes, the penalty means nothing other than how can it happen with all the staff corps have these days? How the corps performed is more concerning. Did they add new stuff, is the corps dragging a little, not favorable judges, too tight last night, etc.

Did you see them last night what did you think. I guess some one from the west push the issue.

I did not realize that penalties were still issued until last night. I knew there was a column, I just don't recall seeing any numbers other than zero in the column. I'd rather it happened last night than Saturday. While I do not think that too many designers or powers that be have the luxury of spending time reading DCP during finals week, in a stadium the size of Lucas Oil, the powder effect did not have that much impact and if it cost a penalty, that should be reason enough to ditch it.

A few posts have mentioned numbers, predicting how things will go for Boston in the upcoming days. That's one way of looking at things. However, it does not take into account that BAC scored higher in Pittsburg and Ohio. I'm also not sure they have "peaked" yet considering they had more steam in Lawrence and Allentown though in both shows they scored lower in key areas than last night which meant that technically last night's show was better. Add the same spark as Lawrence and Allentown and I'm assuming Pittsburg and Ohio (I wasn't there so I can just assume) and tonight and tomorrow will be memorable shows. Audience reaction to Boston last night was very good, of course since I'm in the BAC section that's not a surprise, but it was only after scores were announced people started seeing the show as flat. Since no one knew of the penalties yet, I wonder if people would have considered it flat if the score was higher. Cavies could prove to be more of a challenge than at least I anticipated. I do not care for Cavies show but to be fair I was surprised at how good their show was, and it was much stronger than at Allentown. However, perhaps it's where I sit but the uniform change is still sloppy and the flag toss from the sidelines still looks a mess. With no disrespect to Madison whose show moves me, I think last night may have been the best it can be.

My guess is that BAC will be stronger tonight. I have no doubt they will pass BK and will either pass both Madison or Cavies or at least be in closer range.

Did you see them last night what did you think. I guess some one from the west push the issue.

Since SCV and BD are the only finalists from the west, and since one of those barely acknowledges its competitors exist, I would suspect that if any corps pushed the issue, it would be one closer in Boston's scoring range, although as I say this there is a third corps that could be considered from the west though some might argue this state is in the western portion of the Midwest and they benefited from the penalty. However, penalties last night were assessed by Tony DiCarlo, and while he is a great guy, everyone loves him inside and outside the drum corps world (I have friends and family members who work with him) and he has close toes with many people associated with BAC both past and present, he's an honorable person who would give a penalty where necessary without being pushed. Penalties are often controversial, and my guess is that last night's penalty will cause all kinds of chatter.