Sacramento Showdown

Vanguard might have the most clever set I've EVER seen:

1044727_540459759334409_445319706_n.jpg

They spell Van, and the guard is next to it! VANGUARD. :w00t:/>/>/>/> SO CLEVER.

Yargh you beat me to it! When I was at Stanford, I saw Van and I was like.. ok that was weird. Then I saw it on FN then totally got that lol.

Well, the one I'll post now is probably more obvious but it is a SPECTACULAR opening frame either way!

SCV.jpg

Sooo purrrrty. "Can you See the S-C-V? Playing a song of angry men." ok that was corny.

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 3

Yargh you beat me to it! When I was at Stanford, I saw Van and I was like.. ok that was weird. Then I saw it on FN then totally got that lol.

Well, the one I'll post now is probably more obvious but it is a SPECTACULAR opening frame either way!

SCV.jpg

Sooo purrrrty.

Pete Weber outdid himself this year. It was one of those moments where it clicked and I HAD to share it! lol

• Like 1

Pete Weber outdid himself this year. It was one of those moments where it clicked and I HAD to share it! lol

I don't know if it's even possible with a designer of his stature and history, but if it is, Pete is the most UNDERRATED visual designer working in DCI today.

• Like 3

And the shield at the end of the opener:

20130623-9t2-94kb.jpg

I was vaulted out of my seat when this set locked on my screen last night, so I can only imagine how I'll react in ATL.

I don't know if it's even possible with a designer of his stature and history, but if it is, Pete is the most UNDERRATED visual designer working in DCI today.

TOTALLY agree there, he's absolutely fantastic. His drill for 2010s Bartok is probably my favorite show drill wise ever.