DCI Tour Premeir

I went to the movies with some friends whose son is marching his first year in DCI with PR. We had a blast! (no pun intended...) My favorite shows were Cavies, Regiment and Bluecoats.

Cavies... Yes they were very dirty musically and with the drill, but I still loved it! Great theme which was played all the way through the show with their drill, props and music. Besides, who doesn't love the theme to Star Trek?

Bluecoats... Wow. Another great theme and played so well; very clean too. It was cool to see the guard dressed in street clothes. My favorite was the girl dressed as a member of the military. And the balloons-- brilliant as a prop and to carry the theme of the show. A beautiful slice of Americana.

Regiment... Absolutely the best story telling in the business. It is a beautiful show. How they can march, play and carry trees all at the same time is astounding. Loved the guard changing from "damsel in distress", romantic dresses to "warrior queens". Drill is great and music is fabulous. In my world, no one can touch their brass line.

The rest of the corps were fine, they just weren't able to reach me emotionally and that's the most important section on my armchair judge's sheet.

Congratulations to all the corps. It's going to be a great season.

Cavaliers were not as bad as I thought. Just clean up the brass and fix alot of visual

I'm in agreement! They were surprisingly better than I anticipated.

• Like 1

The Bluecoats can be CLEARLY heard Bloo-ing during Phantom's show. Not cool, Bloo.

Should've been penalized.

My scores and order would have been as follows:

Cadets 75.6

Phantom 73.3

Bluecoats 71.4

Spirit 68.9

Cavaliers 68.2

Boston 67.7

While I won't challenge your placement predictions, four of those corps have the same score or lower than their previous show. I don't see that happening, at least not all at once.

EDIT: and you know what I forgot? This is an old show so those predictions would make perfect sense... Disregard my ignorance.

Edited by Sanitape

Boston goes up 5 points in 2 days ?

Could not have been the guard helping with that score increase. They are a HOT MESS!

That was more than likely an accident of some kind. I would think Bloo has a LITTLE more class than to intentionally do that during a judged performance.

An 'accident'? Really? We used to have to warm-up at what seemed like five miles away to be careful, then weren't allowed to speak, whisper or sigh anywhere near the stadium. Hmmm..

• Like 3

Cadets are looking for a medal this year! The show was terrific. They are definitely going to duke it out this summer with Phantom

They are definitely going to Duke it out with Crown and Devils!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 2