DCI Tour Premeir

The Bluecoats can be CLEARLY heard Bloo-ing during Phantom's show. Not cool, Bloo.

Should've been penalized.

That was more than likely an accident of some kind. I would think Bloo has a LITTLE more class than to intentionally do that during a judged performance.

An "accident"? Really? We used to have to warm-up at what seemed like five miles away to be careful, then weren't allowed to speak, whisper or sigh anywhere near the stadium. Hmmm.

I just talked to my friend at Bluecoats and I asked why they blooed during the show. He said they thought Phantom was done, and that the drum major yelled, "Bloo", so they all followed. As far as I am aware, it was not intentional.

Good to hear, but they should definitely be more careful in the future! That would've given them a BIG penalty 'back in the day'... no matter if it was intentional or not.

Yeah, I figure most penalties are issued for mistakes the corps never intended to make. I didn't know that just saying, for instance, "Sorry we ran long, but we didn't mean to" would prevent a penalty from being charged.

Since I saw the Akron show live, I didn't attend the cinema screening tonight. Did the announcers make any note on the "blooing"? Presumably--hopefully!--there were at least some people in the theater who were new to drum corps, and wondering who could be so rude as to "boo" Phantom's show. Some explanation would seem warranted.

For the record, it was very uncomfortable in the theater when Rondinaro stated that the Cavaliers sounded "ragged"..

Just watched the shows on Fan Network. That's one of the kinder things that could be said about Cavaliers brass and visual performance. It was nasty.

That being said - they have a lot more potential out there than most of their peers in that group. The visual program design is heads above what they had last year. However, if their numbers are where they are with that sloppy a performance, no one should be resting easy above them. If they get it cleaned, and the kids in the hornline knuckle down on basics (like, er 'attacks'), they could end up surprising a lot of folks current sitting above them.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

As others have noted, Phantom cut the gap to Cadets from 3.1 in Akron on Saturday to 1.7 in Bowling Green on Sunday. Can the recap experts say if that has anything to do with the difference between eight judges and five judges?

Edit: Never mind. According to this post, BG had a full panel too. Sorry to have missed that before.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Phantom's guard girl looked really happy to still be alive at the end.

The season is still young. There's still time. What else are you going to do with all those swords?

Bluecoats had my favorite show. Their best show since Metropolis easily. The opener was perfect for this show. Bring that GE to the second half, and they're set.

Great to hear. I loved Metropolis, and the last two years have felt like failed attempts to recapture that magic, so I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Each year, most corps improve after each show. Some get stuck in a certain number for up to a week, but eventually move up. This brings me to the BAC. The corps has gained in talent and staff so it should come through. They have lofty goals this year and to reach them, they know from past results what number you have to reach. So, for the time being, I'm putting my chips on the "don't worry dude, we have a plan that's just going to take a little longer to get there this year" square than a normal season. That's why this years production is going to be very interesting to follow with, as mentioned earlier, a "ton of stuff to add" and the uniform(s) will be evolving (just for you emc2!) which is a hint of what may take place in all areas of this years production. It may also be the beginning of a three year cycle leading up to their 75th Anniversary. No matter where they end up this year, the Crusaders might be breaking new ground for an annual show.

• Like 1

I felt embarassed for Boston as poor as the visual program was. Charlie and the kids deserve a better program, and that color guard girl deserves a better uniform.

• Like 3

But the part where it goes "seeeeeecreeet soooociety" made me facepalm.

^^ This. I brought my 13 yr old daughter and even she turned to me and shook her head on that voiceover..

...that color guard girl deserves a better uniform.

I suspect your idea of 'better', and some of the rest of ours would be different. cool.gif

But yeah, the arch little 'secret society' has to go. I'm sure there are a few choice latin phrases that could be put in its place and no one in the audience would be the wiser.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2