Crown Drill Move = Mind Blown!

I like when they are on their stomach and kicking their feet. it seems like their shoes are purple too? (I'm color blind so purple looks like a soft blue to me) I think their new uniform looks really cool especially the shako. Reminds me of the 87 Skyriders but theirs looks like they were fabricated better due to more technology.

I'm wondering if a new tradition for Crown was born last year with the rotating cube, another shape this year....if this one is cleaned up real well and becomes a subject with as much discussion as last year's cube, I bet they will do a rotatiing shape in every year's show

Edited by msumello

They definitely have a certain style I am noticing.

Eh... even if it is good, I think it only makes a two year showing. Thinking of all the great drill moves in the past

SCV 99 and 2000 - Rectangle collapsing on itself to make a block

Cavies 99 and 2000 - Diamond cutter

Scouts 95 and 96 - Rotating Company Front

Phantom 93 and 94 - Crab walking wedge

Even signature moves get phased in and out (like Phantom's leg kick)

I think too much of a good thing can get stale and good drill designers know that. With that being said, if it is widly popular this year, it would not surprise me if they brought it back in a couple of years.

SCV 99 and 2000 - Rectangle collapsing on itself to make a block

That "Collapsing Y" drill was, at the time, one of the coolest drill moves I'd ever seen. It's deceptively simple looking, then you stop and think about it for a minute and you're like "Holy..."

It's

a) a 2D cut through a 4D hypercube

b) a hexaflexagon

c) an illustration of the Lorenz transformation

d) the inside of the tardis

+1 for the Dr.Who reference.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if a new tradition for Crown was born last year with the rotating cube, another shape this year....if this one is cleaned up real well and becomes a subject with as much discussion as last year's cube, I bet they will do a rotatiing shape in every year's show

Tesseract.gif

• Like 2