Crown Drill Move = Mind Blown!

People need to go back and watch some Cavies mid 00's drill. That was mindblowing stuff.

I love me some helixes! Cavaliers still hold the title of Best Drill.

And when will another corps attempt what Cavaliers 2004 threw down with the marching lines moving across the field as the front player about-faced and ran up the gap. Hoo-boy! And then the inverting corps-sized triangle with a unison rifle toss. Are you kidding me? That show, man... Back when corps marched drill and every moment was an impact moment.

• Like 1

eh - I'll be impressed if they clean it, until then it just looks messy

Eh... even if it is good, I think it only makes a two year showing. Thinking of all the great drill moves in the past

SCV 99 and 2000 - Rectangle collapsing on itself to make a block

Cavies 99 and 2000 - Diamond cutter

Scouts 95 and 96 - Rotating Company Front

Phantom 93 and 94 - Crab walking wedge

Even signature moves get phased in and out (like Phantom's leg kick)

I think too much of a good thing can get stale and good drill designers know that. With that being said, if it is widly popular this year, it would not surprise me if they brought it back in a couple of years.

Or Cadets rotating cube in 1998, 1999, or that Diamond at the end of their 1998 show (I have no idea what they called it).

And when will another corps attempt what Cavaliers 2004 threw down with the marching lines moving across the field as the front player about-faced and ran up the gap. Hoo-boy! And then the inverting corps-sized triangle with a unison rifle toss. Are you kidding me? That show, man... Back when corps marched drill and every moment was an impact moment.

Yep I agree with that! They are the standard by which all others are measured by.

I had great seats in Denver to view that particular moment. High up and just left of the 50 yard line. It was incredible!!!! But unlike Crown this year or last year the Cavies brass line was not playing when they performed those 2 moves. Crown's brass is not only playing but are playing some out of the world demanding stuff.

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 1

Tesseract.gif

I fully admit that's a cool drill move, but I'm not impressed because it's not playing while it's moving...

• Like 3

Or Cadets rotating cube in 1998, 1999, or that Diamond at the end of their 1998 show (I have no idea what they called it).

Wasn't that the Meatgrinder?

• Like 1