Muncie Martini Bar

Just watched the show and I have to say, the audio does not do justice to what the Troopers really sound like. I saw them live twice last week and they sound fantastic. They have a warm dark sound that makes you say "that is what a drum corp should sound like" when the show is over. I hope everyone gets to hear them live this year, one of my favorite live shows so far.

• Like 1

Different shows. No top 6 corps = higher numbers all around. We will see a decent score drop when a top 6 hops back in.

We are looking at a top 6 in this group of corps. Madison is probably your 6th place corps this year.

• Like 2

We are looking at a top 6 in this group of corps. Madison is probably your 6th place corps this year.

I think that Phantom, Bluecoats, and SCV (and Boston, Cavies and BK) might have something to say about that . . .

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the enthusiasm, and I'm very excited about Madison. It's just that, as a good friend of mine used to say: "it's a marathon, not a sprint"

Go Scouts!

1372473647[/url]' post='3276071']

1 Madison Scouts 74.600

2 The Cavaliers 72.900

3 Spirit of Atlanta 70.800

4 Blue Stars 68.400

5 Crossmen 67.800

6 Troopers 67.000

7 Colts 63.800

Not sure I agree with Cavaliers being over Spirit ... especially not by 2.1 points. Also not sure I agree with Madison not getting at least 76.

I agree, but if you look at the drum scores that's where the gap is. Spirit scored low with a 13, Troopers and BlueStars beat them in that caption.

Just watched the show and I have to say, the audio does not do justice to what the Troopers really sound like. I saw them live twice last week and they sound fantastic. They have a warm dark sound that makes you say "that is what a drum corp should sound like" when the show is over. I hope everyone gets to hear them live this year, one of my favorite live shows so far.

Great to hear. And I thought they sounded fantastic already on the live stream! :thumbup:

I think that Phantom, Bluecoats, and SCV (and Boston, Cavies and BK) might have something to say about that . . .

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the enthusiasm, and I'm very excited about Madison. It's just that, as a good friend of mine used to say: "it's a marathon, not a sprint"

Go Scouts!

I agree with you it is a marathon. But, for the past three years the Scouts have been planning a come back with that old Star of Indiana Staff to compete for championships again within a 4 to 5 year window. It's not a fluke this year where they are. And, they're only going to get better and better every year. I wish the Cavaliers well. But, people need to understand they don't have the staff that they had in their years of winning championships. Phantom you never know about them. I knew SCV would be good this year. BK lost Mark Sylvester so their visual design will not be as strong as it would have been. I love the grey and black uniforms that Boston wears but it is killing them visually. Plus their music is wonderful but like blue coats, you can take it or leave it at times in their show. So, it is VERY conceivable that an old dci standard, the (Scouts) are back competing on a level that they should be FINALLY!

• Like 1

Here's a list of all W.C. corps ranked by their most recent scores. All but three corps (as noted below) competed tonight:

1. Carolina Crown - 80.05

2. Cadets - 77.60

3. Blue Devils - 76.90 (five days ago)

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - 75.10

5. Madison Scouts - 74.60

6. Phantom Regiment - 73.90

7. Bluecoats - 73.20

8. Cavaliers - 72.90

9. Blue Knights - 71.00

10. Spirit of Atlanta - 70.80

11. Pacific Crest - 69.35

12. Boston Crusaders - 69.20

13. Blue Stars - 68.40

14. Crossmen - 67.80

15. Troopers - 67.00

16. Mandarins - 66.95

17. Colts - 63.80

18. Oregon Crusaders - 63.40

19. Academy - 59.70 (nine days ago)

20. Cascades - 52.70

21. Pioneer - 52.50 (three days ago)

22. Jersey Surf - 52.40

But as you note, it's risky to compare results from different shows.

Different shows and different coasts. :rolleyes:/>

Edited by shortn'sour

Here's a list of all W.C. corps ranked by their most recent scores. All but three corps (as noted below) competed tonight:

1. Carolina Crown - 80.05

2. Cadets - 77.60

3. Blue Devils - 76.90 (five days ago)

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - 75.10

5. Madison Scouts - 74.60

6. Phantom Regiment - 73.90

7. Bluecoats - 73.20

8. Cavaliers - 72.90

9. Blue Knights - 71.00

10. Spirit of Atlanta - 70.80

11. Pacific Crest - 69.35

12. Boston Crusaders - 69.20

13. Blue Stars - 68.40

14. Crossmen - 67.80

15. Troopers - 67.00

16. Mandarins - 66.95

17. Colts - 63.80

18. Oregon Crusaders - 63.40

19. Academy - 59.70 (nine days ago)

20. Cascades - 52.70

21. Pioneer - 52.50 (three days ago)

22. Jersey Surf - 52.40

But as you note, it's risky to compare results from different shows.

For the most part, I would love for this to be the result come Minneapolis. Doubtful, but it would be interesting. Of course, I doubt Scout would be that high or Boston that low.