Muncie Martini Bar

1 Madison Scouts 74.600

2 The Cavaliers 72.900

3 Spirit of Atlanta 70.800

4 Blue Stars 68.400

5 Crossmen 67.800

6 Troopers 67.000

7 Colts 63.800

Not sure I agree with Cavaliers being over Spirit ... especially not by 2.1 points. Also not sure I agree with Madison not getting at least 76.

Madison Scouts and The Cavaliers will be competitive for that 5th or 6th spot this year along with the Bluecoats.

I think Spirit has a VERY good hornline and great arrangements. Those are the corps big strengths this year for sure!

Interesting, different shows....BUT:

Madison 74.6

Phantom 73.9

Coats 73.2

Cavies 72.9

Less then 2 points separating the above corps

Then:

Spirit 70.8

Boston 69.2

Amazing the Cavies are this dirty, yet still in there. If people on this board think The Cavaliers are in danger of making finals, then Boston fans must freaking out (still haven't broke 70.0).

Different shows. No top 6 corps = higher numbers all around. We will see a decent score drop when a top 6 hops back in.

Scouts in line for several wins in the next couple of weeks considering the shows they're performing in. Then it looks lie 4 days of rehearsal between their show on the 5th and their next show on the 10th, which should serve them well before Minneapolis.

I'm not going to comment in detail about the entirety of the show/performance, but I will say, there are a few visual elements where I really wonder if the staff thought in terms of cost-benefit analysis. In other words, how much effort and time (both in terms of in-production timing to execute and also the timing to clean it in rehearsals) is wasted on this visual element and how much are they benefiting from it? How much time is wasted with the guard setting up that pyramid, and is there really any benefit to it in terms of the overall production? That, followed up by the flag toss to each individual member spiraling out of the form... that doesn't come across as effective in my opinion... it comes across as a visual element that takes FAR too long to develop and is far too distracting and amateurish in execution (is there really anybody that ISN'T looking directly at the three members casually standing on the sideline tossing flags for the ENTIRE sequence?).

I get that the goal is to come up with some unique, non-traditional visual elements, but they seem amateurish in comparison to the Cavaliers of old.

Interesting, different shows....BUT:

Madison 74.6

Phantom 73.9

Coats 73.2

Cavies 72.9

Less then 2 points separating the above corps

Then:

Spirit 70.8

Boston 69.2

Amazing the Cavies are this dirty, yet still in there. If people on this board think The Cavaliers are in danger of making finals, then Boston fans must freaking out (still haven't broke 70.0).

Boston fans arn't freaking out of Boston not making Finals, and I suspect neither are the Cavaliers fans. My guess, it comes from people that perhaps get caught up in comparing scores from different shows in June, ( happens every year ) or the freaking out is coming from fans of other Corps that are unhappy with the Cavaliers plight right now. We will find both Boston and Cavaliers in Finals come August in my opinion, and we can look back at the " freaking out " on the Cavs not making Finals and find that it was rather silly in retrospect.

• Like 4

Given your high speed internet, I wouldn't normally suspect that, but if the low res feed was smooth, it could be the transmission of the feed, maybe from your home network. I know this seems dumb, but try rebooting your modem and router when you get a chance, just to see what happens.

There were some big thunderstorms tonight. Maybe one of the lines your internet came through was affected by that.

In any case, good luck.

+++

I kind of liked Cavies show tonight, and I have never been a big Cavie's fan (previous fav was 007 show).

I thought the robes were much more effective than I thought they would be, maybe they should take them off sooner in the production. I did see many of the other obvious shortcomings other have mentioned, but most shows are dirty at this point in the season, and I could hear that the power of the horns is not as strong as in past year. At one point there was a trumpet soloist (piccolo trumpet if I'm not mistaken) and it sounded like those high notes were just a notch beyond his range. I know he'll only get better if he keeps playing it, but right now it's a very exposed solo and I wouldn't be surprised if it hurt the horn GE and the music score tonight.

Just had FiOS installed in the new place here in SoCal ( I just finished moving here from NoVa where I had FiOS as well). Everything else has been playing just fine. I'm not sure what's up, but I'll try again later.

It's been 100 degrees here and not a cloud in the sky. I have a feeling that it's something to do with something in Muncie or the number of connections trying to access that higher bitrate feed.

Honestly, I've liked all the shows this year that I've seen. It's been really refreshing this year. I can't wait for them to improve. Now, they're not designs that are perfectly to my liking, but it's a step in the right direction compared to other recent years.

Quick thoughts on the webcast:

Troopers - WOW, I'm in love with this show! Great overall talent and fantastic show design, second favorite of the night. The sunburst at the end is fantastic, great drumline as well!

Colts - Fun show, don't remember too much. Great drill.

Blue Stars - They've got some major cleaning and tweaking to do, the show's there, just didn't hit me. Like it more than last year, amazing percussion.

Crossmen - Great drill, sound great, don't remember a whole lot else.

Spirit - Once again, fun show! Already provided my thoughts on them.

Cavaliers - Getting there! I think they're going to be fine come finals, maybe not top 6 or 7, but it's a better show than last year. Brass still sticks out as weak, getting there though.

Madison...wow. I'm not an emotional person and that about had me in tears. What a powerful, emotional, passionate, and beautiful show. This is a hard core tear jerker, and I think it's going to take them farther than the last two. BY FAR my favorite show of the night.

Personal enjoyment:

Madison - Again, wow.

Troopers

Spirit

Cavaliers

Blue Stars

Colts

Crossmen

I really hope that 'Secret Society' patch is dead and buried, because whatever they did in that hole tonight was MUCH better. Just leave it as it was tonight.

Much better run.

They took it OUT. One of the pit kids accidentally played it during the afternoon rehearsal in the stadium and got flamed big for playing it. It is gone, though.

• Like 1

Interesting. Different shows ... BUT:

Madison 74.6

Phantom 73.9

Coats 73.2

Cavies 72.9

Less then 2 points separating the above corps. Then:

Spirit 70.8

Boston 69.2

Here's a list of all W.C. corps ranked by their most recent scores. All but three corps (as noted below) competed tonight:

1. Carolina Crown - 80.05

2. Cadets - 77.60

3. Blue Devils - 76.90 (five days ago)

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - 75.10

5. Madison Scouts - 74.60

6. Phantom Regiment - 73.90

7. Bluecoats - 73.20

8. Cavaliers - 72.90

9. Blue Knights - 71.00

10. Spirit of Atlanta - 70.80

11. Pacific Crest - 69.35

12. Boston Crusaders - 69.20

13. Blue Stars - 68.40

14. Crossmen - 67.80

15. Troopers - 67.00

16. Mandarins - 66.95

17. Colts - 63.80

18. Oregon Crusaders - 63.40

19. Academy - 59.70 (nine days ago)

20. Cascades - 52.70

21. Pioneer - 52.50 (three days ago)

22. Jersey Surf - 52.40

But as you note, it's risky to compare results from different shows.

• Like 1