Rochester Rhapsody

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Dum vivimus vivamus.

DCI misspelled "Govenaires" (as "Governairs").

• Like 1

Uh....everyone understands that comparing scores from different shows is a pointless exercise, right?

...right?

Because if not, I'll let everyone in on a secret:

Comparing scores from different shows is a pointless exercise and you should never do it. Ever. Ever ever. Never.

• Like 3

I think we should know better to compare scores from different shows people. Come on. :doh:

And even if that did happen, who cares? I've gotten to the point where scores don't mean squat to me anymore, I just want to be entertained. I'd take the fan base that Madison has over a number any day.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

The Cavaliers moving in front of the Scouts is a TRAVESTY. I saw both corps live last night in Madison. There is no comparison. Judges...what the heck are you thinking? Can't you ever give the Scouts the scores they deserve?

Completely agree with you. MS is way better then Cavies and the scores should say that. Idk what's going on

Look at who was at each show. The Cavies really were only scored against Spirit (no offense to Pio, but, you're looking at two different leagues of scoring). Madison's is in comparison to the group vying for 12th place only. I think it actually tells a better comparison of where Spirit sits to Troop/Blue Stars/X-men.

A trend I'm seeing in the gap between the content and achievement scores (Positive means that Content is higher than Achievement, meaning more room for growth).

Tonight in Rochester:

Blue Stars - +3.2

Crossmen - +1.5

Troopers - + +1.9

Yesterday in Madison:

Crossmen - +1.6

Blue Stars - +2.9

Troopers - +1.6

2 Days ago in Muncie:

Blue Stars - +2.2

Crossmen - +1.8

Troopers - +1.4

4 Days ago in Evansville:

Troopers - +.9

Crossmen - +.8

Blue Stars - +1.6

6 Days ago in Bowling Green:

Blue Stars - +2.6

Crossmen - +1.3

Troopers - +2.1

What does this mean? Blue Stars have more room for growth than those around them, at least from 5 different shows with different panels in one way or another.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

A trend I'm seeing in the gap between the content and achievement scores (Positive means that Content is higher than Achievement, meaning more room for growth).

Tonight in Rochester:

Blue Stars - +3.2

Crossmen - +1.5

Troopers - + +1.9

Yesterday in Madison:

Crossmen - +1.6

Blue Stars - +2.9

Troopers - +1.6

2 Days ago in Muncie:

Blue Stars - +2.2

Crossmen - +1.8

Troopers - +1.4

4 Days ago in Evansville:

Troopers - +.9

Crossmen - +.8

Blue Stars - +1.6

6 Days ago in Bowling Green:

Blue Stars - +2.6

Crossmen - +1.3

Troopers - +2.1

What does this mean? Blue Stars have more room for growth than those around them, at least from 5 different shows with different panels in one way or another.

I think that's one way to look at it, but not all. Don't read too much in tea leaves at this point in the season, neither should whoever suggested throwing out the scores of the night Blue Star was beneath Crossmen actually throw them out. It all means something right now, and may mean something else in a week.

I'm not hearing anything about regional exposure, and the idea that maybe Crossmen will stack up better in Texas head to head than they did in the Midwest Corps' backyards.

This type of thing has happened in the past - some corps play better in some slightly different demographics.

Not making predictions - just cautioning against looking at numbers and reading more than they say - sometimes a swing in potential like the ones you point out can be saying that a corps is not playing as well as they could be given everything else as equal - there's no magic bullet that says they will be playing better commensurate to the competition in a week or 2 or 3 or more. Potential is just that.

I think that's one way to look at it, but not all. Don't read too much in tea leaves at this point in the season, neither should whoever suggested throwing out the scores of the night Blue Star was beneath Crossmen actually throw them out. It all means something right now, and may mean something else in a week.

I'm not hearing anything about regional exposure, and the idea that maybe Crossmen will stack up better in Texas head to head than they did in the Midwest Corps' backyards.

This type of thing has happened in the past - some corps play better in some slightly different demographics.

Not making predictions - just cautioning against looking at numbers and reading more than they say - sometimes a swing in potential like the ones you point out can be saying that a corps is not playing as well as they could be given everything else as equal - there's no magic bullet that says they will be playing better commensurate to the competition in a week or 2 or 3 or more. Potential is just that.

Another thing to consider it that "content" isn't static. Shows change. Things get added in.

The Cavaliers moving in front of the Scouts is a TRAVESTY.

Maybe, but believing they have as of yet, when they havn't, is even a funnier " travesty ", imo. :smile:

With a judge moving them ahead further discredits the scoring system in dci.