Adam Burdett and Eric L. Boylan join Skyliners 2014 Management Team

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 3, 2013. The Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps warmly welcomes Adam Burdett and Eric L. Boylan to the Skyliners 2014 Management Team.

Adam Burdett is a lifelong resident of the Scranton area, and was the Band Director at Pittston Area High School for the years 2002-2010. He directed the band to the Tournament of Bands Atlantic Coast Championship in 2009, and the Cavalcade of Bands Independence Conference Championship in 2008, 2009 and 2010. In addition, Adam is the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 9 Treasurer and Executive Vice President for the competitive marching band circuit, Cavalcade of Bands.

At the current time, Adam is the Drill Designer and Music Arranger for Pittston Area, and the Drill Designer for marching bands at East Stroudsburg North, Wyoming Area and Shikellamy. He also has written many articles over the years for Drum Corps World.

Eric Boylan also lives locally, and is currently an instrumental music teacher in the Mountain View School District. A Lebanon Valley College Music Education graduate, Eric has performed professional compositions on marimba, vibraphone and drums.

In addition to his experience as a Music Adjudicator with the National Judges Association (NJA), Eric was also the Marching Band Director at Pittson Area High school. Eric has worked as Indoor Percussion Arranger, Director, Consultant and Instructor; Percussion Arranger; Percussion Instructor; and Marching Band Instructor of various local school district programs and several competitive corps in Drum Corps Associates (DCA), such as the Connecticut Hurricanes, Fusion and Hawthorne Caballeros. Awards include the Pittson Area Marching Band being named the 2011 Cavalcade of Bands Independence Open Champions; winning 2010 DCA Class “A” Championship with Fusion; and Lake Lehman winning the 2009 Indoor Percussion (TIA) Championship, the 2007 Group 1 TOB Atlantic Coast Championship.

The Skyliners look forward to working with Adam and Eric. For more information, to join or to donate, please contact Larry Carbonell, Director, Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps. The New York Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501©3 non-profit, performance-based organization that provides quality educational opportunities for its members.

• Like 2

if anyone knows how to recruit in concrete canyons of Jessup PA, it's those two!

• Like 2

Thanks Jeff, you always have a way with words. I will spend tireless hours searching for those concrete canyons in Jessup. :)

Seriously though, I'm excited to get to work!!

Thanks Jeff, you always have a way with words. I will spend tireless hours searching for those concrete canyons in Jessup. :)

Seriously though, I'm excited to get to work!!

Good luck guys... REALLY want some new Sky items that don't say Alumni on them.

Note: I like the Alumni too but have been a fan since 1974 and miss the competing corps.

s/ Guy who wear a Sky lanyard for his IT job....

Will there be a name change coming ? Being in Pa. I don't see the New York Sky line from there .LOL

I've been noticing that in these press releases they have left the NY out and are simply The Skyliners. I'm wish them the best of luck with this return! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Will there be a name change coming ? Being in Pa. I don't see the New York Sky line from there .LOL

Both an interesting an valid question ... but ... I believe the words New York are part of the Skyliners formal/legal corporate (501c) name ... and ... they are still sponsored by the Garbarina-Mazarakos AL Post #1523 of New York City ... over the past several years, while inactive, the NY Skyliners Corporation filed one (maybe two) lawsuits against organizations using their name illegally ... BTW, unless something changed recently, they are incoporated as the New York Skyliners in the State of New Jersey ... so ... IMO, New York is an engrained part of the Skyliners name ... they just happen to be operating out of PA now ... just as they were operating out of NJ since 1966 ... yes ... 1966, when they moved their base from the Young Post in the Bronx to the Salderini Post in Union City, NJ ... the one main consistent has been their affiliation with the Garbarina-Mazarakos AL Post #1523 of New York City ... if they market themselves as only "The Skyliners", they may run into copyright issues with the Skyliners 50's/60's pop band (Since I Don't Have You) based in Pittsburgh ... Ray Priester can give you the whole story on that one ...

Andy "I'm a Life Member of The New York Skyliners" Lisko

Both an interesting an valid question ... but ... I believe the words New York are part of the Skyliners formal/legal corporate (501c) name ... and ... they are still sponsored by the Garbarina-Mazarakos AL Post #1523 of New York City ... over the past several years, while inactive, the NY Skyliners Corporation filed one (maybe two) lawsuits against organizations using their name illegally ... BTW, unless something changed recently, they are incoporated as the New York Skyliners in the State of New Jersey ... so ... IMO, New York is an engrained part of the Skyliners name ... they just happen to be operating out of PA now ... just as they were operating out of NJ since 1966 ... yes ... 1966, when they moved their base from the Young Post in the Bronx to the Salderini Post in Union City, NJ ... the one main consistent has been their affiliation with the Garbarina-Mazarakos AL Post #1523 of New York City ... if they market themselves as only "The Skyliners", they may run into copyright issues with the Skyliners 50's/60's pop band (Since I Don't Have You) based in Pittsburgh ... Ray Priester can give you the whole story on that one ...

Andy, I love ya bro' but..................

I believe getting the support of this new area and recruiting of young people are all critical to their success and it sounds like they are on their way to doing just that... all the legal ramnifications aside, which MUST not be ignored... I believe going by The Skyliners from Jessup PA is probably wise... not much different than going by The Cadets from Allentown PA... you can keep tradition while having a new identity... Cadets proved it can be done...

Legally breaking from the past may also be necessary to avoid future leins... I suspect I'm correct in assuming there's a bunch of old debts outstanding... but unlike you, Glen Johnson, Bob Holton and a few others, I'm not privvy to all the skeletens in the closet... (and don't want to know) and can only hope that they remain in the closet...

Now, all that said - I certainly hope the new corps will keep their adopted identity and ties to one of the greatest histories in drum corps...

• Like 2

Oh wow, the Salderini Post. I think it was located on 32nd St or 38th St in Union City. Is that correct? Al, do you know when Sky moved from the Bronx to Union City?Whenever I think of the Salderini post, I think of the free July 4th show at the Roosevelt Stadium Union City site. ""FREE"" cheaper the $5.00 Barnum Festival of today.

Edited by LucyGuy66