Mile-High Mayhem!

NO just as my dad said in his observation at the Ogden show. crown wins from the audience not their performance.

You can't be serious...Judges don't listen to audiences. Otherwise, BD would not have been undefeated last season.

• Like 5

Thank you. I had the movie on my mind because I just commented on Facebook earlier tonight, "My problem with the movie when I saw it in the theater was with what I felt was a contrived storyline and the "drum-off" between the main character and his mentor in the band room. The mentor was saying how amazing the other's snare licks were, while I thought they were akin to a cross between listening to bacon sizzle on a skillet and a spastic walrus having an epileptic seizure during a hailstorm."

There were 5 high school drum lines tonight while they were getting the sound right on fn lol : )

LOVE SCV's show, especially the two company fronts. I think they have a chance to pass BD if they can clean up their marching.

Blue Devils - great execution, but not my kind of show. I like the music ok but too many solos and not enough marching for my taste.

Crown - I think Crown is your new DCI champion unless the changes Cadets make can pass them up. Not a fan of the narration/speaking/singing though, I think the show would be better without it.

Blue Knights - not a fan of this show. I thought especially the beginning took way too long to develop, it seemed like a bad high school band show to me. The mellophones seemed to really struggle. I could see them not making finals even.

Edited by Turnadot
  • Like 2

Bk out of finals ehh? Wager? Beer? Bucket o beer? Keg o beer? I will buy you a brew if they're not in top 10. Better yet a shot or some of what you're smoking if not in single digits... Sorry I know you're entitled to your opinions but their mello line is one of the best out there this year. Don't worry people count them out year in and out... They're used to it

• Like 2

LOVE SCV's show, especially the two company fronts. I think they have a chance to pass BD if they can clean up their marching.

Blue Devils - great execution, but not my kind of show. I like the music ok but too many solos and not enough marching for my taste.

Crown - I think Crown is your new DCI champion unless the changes Cadets make can pass them up. Not a fan of the narration/speaking/singing though, I think the show would be better without it.

Blue Knights - not a fan of this show. I thought especially the beginning took way too long to develop, it seemed like a bad high school band show to me. The mellophones seemed to really struggle. I could see them not making finals even.

That prediction is bold considering how they finished out last year, vaulting into 10th and all in the last week after being in 12th at Minnesota.

Bk out of finals ehh? Wager? Beer? Bucket o beer? Keg o beer? I will buy you a brew if they're not in top 10. Better yet a shot or some of what you're smoking if not in single digits... Sorry I know you're entitled to your opinions but their mello line is one of the best out there this year. Don't worry people count them out year in and out... They're used to it

...you know how it is...just like BAC...all washed up year in and out as well :tongue:/>

My thoughts tonight:

Really enjoyed Academy up until Piano Man... Great sounding Hornline thought they'd be in the 70.5 range tonight.

Troopers started great but lost energy at the end... If they can get their drill in sync and own the last 1/3 of their show they definitely could return to finals.

BK is extremely good with a long way to go to clean. It's obvious the closer is still newish as it was not as clean and lacked the clarity heard for the first 2/3 of the show. I know they'll get it... What a drill and great interpretation. Musically they have a stellar show and I can't edit to hear it in August! Big Step up for BK this year.

SCV would be a top 3 lock any other year... Not this year but I'm betting they're gonna be no less than 4th come Indy! Great sounds and a great modern but old school feeling show!

BD is growing on me... I still don't think it's my favorite thing out there but I'm slowly wanting to watch it. Deserves 2nd now and may end up 3rd come Indy.

Crown I have a feeling is going to take it! They've got to stay close in Perc which was a bit scary in the recaps but its theirs to lose. Great show... Love the closer, just amazing!!:)

WP

• Like 4

...you know how it is...just like BAC...all washed up year in and out as well :tongue:/>/>

We share much common unlove year in and out:)p

• Like 1

I didn't predict they wouldn't make finals, I just said it was a possibility. Right now I would predict 11th, but still a month to go. I was excited to hear First Circle and it just let me down. Maybe I will like it better when I see it next time, this was my first viewing and it wasn't live. No way they have one of the best mello lines though, not even close.

NO just as my dad said in his observation at the Ogden show. crown wins from the audience not their performance. Not saying their performance was bad but BD clearly whooped them tonight!

WHAAAAT!?!...I find this quite comical...I'm sorry that I'm laughing...I just can't help it...This is my favorite post this year :tongue:/>/>

• Like 1