Mile-High Mayhem!

Well, the opening sets look like Plinko...

That was not..nice and easy

The talking in Crowns show reminds me of Bohemia a years ago. Especially in the ballad.

Here we go, for those of you that hate BD's "old 70's music", enjoy 1896 "Also Sprach" !! :tongue:

• Like 2

They need to turn up the voices at the beginning a bit. It was too soft when I watched it live in Utah a few days ago too. Could barely hear it. If you're going to do it, then own it.

You should probably write to Brenzel and Don Sebesky for this one... Certainly, they opened a can of worms by trying to change a piece like this that caused such controversy in the classical music world. It took me more than few times to jive with the Sebesky and the more I listened to his style of writing, the more it made sense coming from the original. Coincidentally, its on the same CD as "Bird and Bela in Bb", BD 1991, which has long been one of my favorite brass books that WD has ever written! :thumbup:/>/>

Eh, I wasn't impressed by the Sebesky version. It's just a light orchestra arrangement under some solos. They did get the overuse of the opening bassoon solo from the Sebesky LP, I guess. The Brenzel is a real jazz arrangement of Rite of Spring--I wish Devils had used it more.

Edited by skywhopper

I really wish Crown would throw the mello part from "Dark Side" in at the end of the opener. I can hear it in my head, and it would bookend the show great

Eh, I wasn't impressed by the Sebesky version. It's just a light orchestra arrangement under some solos. They did get the overuse of the opening bassoon solo from the Sebesky LP, I guess. Darryl Brenzel's Rewrite of Spring (another of BD's source material) is a real jazz arrangement of Rite of Spring--I wish Devils had used it more.

The Brenzel arrangement is awesome. I wish they had used it more too.

I hate to admit this but I believe BD's show is going to win this year. They do need a better ending though.

I like BD's show, but Crown's is better, in my opinion. It is Crown's to lose right now, as far as I'm concerned. It could happen, but only if Crown lets someone else pass them up in terms of cleanliness.

1. I didn't see any drops in Blue Devils.

2. The show is really starting to get there.

3. For the people who are not a fan of the ending, I suggest you listen to the original Rite of Spring. The feeling hits the source works amazingly! It is supposed to make glyph feel uncomfortable!

Crown gets better every time I see then. However, I think BD will be closing the gap tonight. :)

• Like 3

Love love love love Crown. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 2