Mile-High Mayhem!

I'm not a purist about a lot of things but this is taking the Rite of Spring too far for me. It sounds like a 70's game show.

• Like 5

Why add brass? It's not like they play them anyways.

HEYOOOOOOO

Sir, you have earned my last upvote.

• Like 1

Why add brass? It's not like they play them anyways.

HEYOOOOOOO

Well, to be fair, at least they play something other than F and Bb major chords at fff... Technique is easy to work on when you don't have to tune anything other than 1,3 or 5 of a major chord... :tongue:

• Like 4

General curiosity: Any idea why the Blue Devils have always stuck with 12 tubas, even after the member increase? Just wondering if there's any particular reason.

They've always been a top-heavy hornline, 24 euphs who can PLAY can cover the difference, and given their liberal use of the synth ooze, why spend four members on tubas when you can put them in the guard, or have a couple extra conductors? Different strokes, etc.

Good that Devs are being fiscally responsible and re-using the hoops from last year. So nice of them to save some money

• Like 1

I might just be a traditionalist here, but if you have to mic your sops(trumpets) they aren't playing it right. :sleeping:

Otherwise, the show is growing on me. But it gives me an awkward feeling. I feel really weird listening to it.

• Like 2

They've always been a top-heavy hornline, 24 euphs who can PLAY can cover the difference, and given their liberal use of the synth ooze, why spend four members on tubas when you can put them in the guard, or have a couple extra conductors? Different strokes, etc.

Do they march all Euphs? Wasn't aware of that.

Multicam is helping me like BD's show more - hadn't seen it live yet so I wasn't sold - but I've loved the music and now visually it's pretty cool. Still a little messy though, but I have a better appreciation for this show now that I've seen it differently.

• Like 1