Mile-High Mayhem!

Great show from the Vanguard! Bring Him Home is the highlight of the show for me, what a great mello player; just fantatasic!

That solo was just like Boston's rendition and solo from 2 years ago, and I never, EVER get tired of hearing it. SCV has returned to their roots of Broadway shows, and I for one. love this change for them.

This is one of my favorite SCV shows in years. You can't go wrong with the music of Les Mis.

Great use of color by SCV in the show, and the unis fit the theme and the Corps proper unis colors well. SCV is not going to win DCI this year, but so what. This is an entertaining show from them that is wonderful, imo.

• Like 1

Gorgeous SCV......just beautiful!!!!!!!!

Does SCV have a pre-show yet?

General curiosity: Any idea why the Blue Devils have always stuck with 12 tubas, even after the member increase? Just wondering if there's any particular reason.

Why add brass? It's not like they play them anyways.

HEYOOOOOOO

• Like 8

I am really coming to love this BD show.

I love this show! Got to admit that it wasn't up to my standards though. Too many rifle drops and their feet couldn't seem to find their dot and complete formations. Can't think of any excuses. I just hope they work on their M&M in the coming weeks. Still, I feel that it can be up in the top 5. I LOVE YOU SCV!

I think some of it is that the field is "plain jane" as the visual staff would call it - the absolute minimum markings DCI requires. They're better when they have full turf markings. One of the tradeoffs of the dot system is that when you begin to rely on markings which are, increasingly, nearly always available even at rehearsal sites in BFE, it's a different thing when you have to do the show without them, especially with the way Peter Weber writes. I imagine that Gaines drill may be slightly easier to translate to plain jane, given how orderly it is vs. Pete's curves and clusters, which all require 0.25 sometimes 0.125 dots.

In any case, there's only a few shows left on plain jane fields anyway, and none of them are absolutely critical.

• Like 1

Bad mello stick-outs.

This music book is starting to grow on me. The ensemble playing moments are pretty slick