Could SCV be a dark horse?

Where SCV is behind the most is clean drill I guess. Last night did not seem like a good run. I thought I saw someone say it could have been attributed to the field not being fully marked because the way they do drill they rely on field markings quite a bit.

Live by the dot, die by the dot.

• Like 2

If they have a miraculous climb in Guard- it MAY be possible for SCV to get third.

If they have a miraculous climb in Guard- it MAY be possible for SCV to get third.

Beating which monster corps in the top 3?

I will mention that JD Shaw's books, even while he was at regiment were often bland at the start of the season. I remember many GE moments being put in, in the middle of the season for many shows. Personally.. I don't think SCVs current book is lacking much in GE. In fact I really like it. Except the ending right now. That might just be my love for Les Mis though.

• Like 1

1) SCV beat Blue Devils in guard last night (granted, it was because of performance with, I think, BD's getting the edge in design)

2) I think it is a WAY outside chance they have a shot at Top 3, let alone winning

I'll be really curious to see where SCV falls against everyone in WC. Seems like Top 3 is pretty strong/ahead of the pack at this time, with Crown & Devs & Cadets battling for the ring. I can see SCV placing 4th this year. But, we won't know until they all compete against each other...

With all due respect, this I completely disagree with. Peak early? As others have said, they are far too dirty and have too much cleaning work to do for them to peak early. Also as others have said both here and on other threads, there is likely more to be added to this show than what we already see and to say there is not much going on in the show is to not credit just how much depth there really is in Les Mis and just how difficult it is to pull off a truly theatrical show and sell it on a stage the size of a football field. Posts like this sadden me because it proves to me just how much certain movements of this activity have corrupted the true definitions of the terms "demand" and "depth of composition"and brainwashed many into accepting their definitions as the only true definitions as such. And we claim to be an activity that wants to be "open minded".

I dont think they are as dirty as people make them out to be but thats a matter of personal opinion. I just think the 3-4 corps below them have an easier shot at taking away 4th from SCV than SCV has a shot at taking a medal spot from one of the current top 3. Its not a knock on SCV but more a nod to the top 3. SCV has one of my top 3 personal favorites of the year and Id love to see them squeeze into 3rd but I just dont feel it likely.

Looking at last night's recap, the content scores are still higher than the achievement scores. If we can safely assume that there is more to add (which wouldn't surprise me), there is much more potential to this show, and an honest shot at medaling come August.

Garry in Vegas

Could someone please explain this to me like I am dumb? (I am, in this regard.) I see this quite often on these forums, but don't completely understand. So:

1. What does this concept entail?

2. When looking at a recap, how can I tell?

Thanks.

• Like 1

What are the chances? Stranger things have happened and they do seem to be holding strong where they are and improving regularly.

Its early and its possible... but unlikely, imo.

SCV is a little over 2 points in back of the front runners. I love their show, but believe that all 3 Corps of Cadets, BD, and Crown have more available points to get out of their shows than does SCV in their show.

That said, I'd love to see them get there. But if they don't, I don't care as this year's show appears to be a hit with fans, and in my opinion this national appeal for their 2013 show will only increase as the Corps moves into the Midwest and then into the East, before finally getting to Indy.

Live by the dot, die by the dot.

Conversely, Live by the form, die by the form....

thumbdown.gif

Sounds like a jab at that style, whih has worked VERY well for many organizations for a while...

Come on... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1