Cavies vs. Scouts - the ALL BOY battle

I don't think anyone has a problem with questioning scores, that's part of dci. That's why we're fans.

The problem is a few of the Madison honks making statements like "Madison is light years ahead of the Cavaliers." Or insinuating that the Cavies are catching up to Madison because of some G7 conspiracy.

Ive watched both shows several times. Madison has the emotional edge and agree Cavies are uncharacteristicly dirty. But I also tend to agree with the posters who say Cavies show has higher difficulty, more room for increased GE and maxing out the sheets.

Not from this fan!

Seriously, I think this is the best vehicle they've had since Carmen.

I'm in total agreement. The Scouts' scores for the past two shows are ridiculous. It is so obvious what DCI and the judges are doing. Come on...it's almost the end of the season. We all know we have to get the Cavaliers up in the standings! I'm sure the Cavaliers are a fine group of men...but they are just not as good as the Scouts this year. And regardless of standings...it doesn't matter. Scouts are just better this year.

Man - back it down a few settings. You are making us sane scouts fans look bad.

• Like 7

Man - back it down a few settings. You are making us sane scouts fans look bad.

Second!

• Like 4

4th!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it happened. For a lot of you Hell just froze over - Cavies beat the Scouts. And with a full panel.

I bet a decent amount of money that Scouts will beat Cavies in their next appearance with each other. I don't think Scouts' guard is a full point behind Cavies, and I expect Scouts' GE (particularly music) score to increase. Just my thoughts. Anything can happen in the last 2 weeks.

• Like 3

I bet a decent amount of money that Scouts will beat Cavies in their next appearance with each other. I don't think Scouts' guard is a full point behind Cavies, and I expect Scouts' GE (particularly music) score to increase. Just my thoughts. Anything can happen in the last 2 weeks.

Beg to differ about the guard score - the spread should be even wider. If you compared their guard books simultaneously on a split-screen the gap would be glaringly wide. Mike Lentz may disagree but a bunch of those Cavies kids beat his guard at WGI this winter and a lot of folks thought that was long overdue. Of course, Onyx had long been filling their shows with endless sequentials, ripples, solos, etc. with virtually no unison ensemble work. Sound familiar?

Edited by PC
  • Like 1